Butcha's Meat Thread

way to crush all his dreams. :(

My dreams will not be crushed! I just tried to think of something witty when Cholly asked what I would name a restaurant. That popped off the top of my head. But I actually really like it. Would be fitting for BBQ. Which is something I really want to do.

I can't cook to save my life. I may still be banned from the microwave after the last time I tried to reheat something and started a pretty impressive fire.

I was your age when I got my first job as a dishwasher and developed the want to learn how to cook. Totally a good skill to have. The future ladies in your life will love it too  :wub: .

I was your age when I got my first job as a dishwasher and developed the want to learn how to cook. Totally a good skill to have. The future ladies in your life will love it too  :wub: .

I was reheating chicken on a paper plate left over from my little brother's birthday and apparently it was a foil plate which sparkled from metal, which sparked and WHOOOOSH. I'm probably hopeless. Not to mention to awkward for the ladies. I can usually make box mix brownies so I guess that's good enough.

I was reheating chicken on a paper plate left over from my little brother's birthday and apparently it was a foil plate which sparkled from metal, which sparked and WHOOOOSH. I'm probably hopeless. Not to mention to awkward for the ladies. I can usually make box mix brownies so I guess that's good enough.

At least learn how to scramble eggs or something. Learn how to BBQ. You'll need to know how to BBQ.

important note. make sure when grilling steak that the meat is at room temp! never grill a cold ass steak.

But sometimes I find that grilling cold gives me that crust I like on the outside while still being nice and rare on the inside. Is this wrong? Someone set me straight!

Also I told jimmy we need to be up at dawn on Saturday to go the thurns, the specialty meat shop I was talking about. And he said no, not that early. He's not committed to the meat like I am. Disappointed.

Butcha, question about cooking steak, filets. I usually start with a pouring of salt/pepper. 3 minutes per side in a cast iron skillet with either oil or butter. Then place the skillet for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven. I never seem to get that crust. Steak tastes great but not restaurant quality. Do restaurants literally coat the entire steak with salt? I don't go overboard but maybe I should?