Now: See Through Dresses - End of Days 12" (Tiny Engines)

• 2 months later...

got my email!

digital download available immediately. tough call here.

No brainer. Too much other stuff to catch up on that came in the mail last week that I haven't even listened to yet, but work keeps getting in the way. Listening to Cheetahs right now.

You can do it Cholly! cold showers, brah ;)

And I still don't have my BSM copy of Caspian - may go for the refund vs replacement since the Newbury copy is so dang good and a tour copy on the way.

How is that Cheatahs? My copy arrives tmmw

I think the vinyl of See Through Dresses is delayed for a month

It's a lot of music to digest. Honestly not blown away first pass through on the previously unreleased, but that is not always a bad thing, as several albums in my collection have turned into favorites as growers.

Some of their old sound is there which I really like (Murasaki), but I read somewhere they were going more 'dreampop' on this 2xLP -- but I don't get that overall vibe, hard to describe more than just generic I guess. 

Also, it was a stressful day.  9 more listens before rendering a verdict.  The pressing itself is pretty good. Typical bit of noise first few revs each side, that goes away.  Will wet clean one more time but it's probably the air drying out /more static. Out comes the Milty.

It's a lot of music to digest. Honestly not blown away first pass through on the previously unreleased, but that is not always a bad thing, as several albums in my collection have turned into favorites as growers.

Some of their old sound is there which I really like (Murasaki), but I read somewhere they were going more 'dreampop' on this 2xLP -- but I don't get that overall vibe, hard to describe more than just generic I guess. 

Also, it was a stressful day.  9 more listens before rendering a verdict.  The pressing itself is pretty good. Typical bit of noise first few revs each side, that goes away.  Will wet clean one more time but it's probably the air drying out /more static. Out comes the Milty.

Yup while it's not bad, it sounds too polished, I wouldn't call it "mainstream", but it's definitely that raw shoegaziness that drew me to them.

Yup while it's not bad, it sounds too polished, I wouldn't call it "mainstream", but it's definitely that raw shoegaziness that drew me to them.

I listened to all the old material last night until 2am doing paperwork, and then Mythologies again and it really is as different as they projected -- Almost 2 different bands. I miss the guitar hooks. Time will tell... guess this should go to the Cheatahs thread, but will leave the comments buried here.

I listened to all the old material last night until 2am doing paperwork, and then Mythologies again and it really is as different as they projected -- Almost 2 different bands. I miss the guitar hooks. Time will tell... guess this should go to the Cheatahs thread, but will leave the comments buried here.

I won't tell if you don't...

but it's definitely NOT that raw shoegaziness that drew me to them.

That's what I meant.

• 3 months later...

Hey this is finally getting pressed next week. It's crazy how patient everyone in this thread is compared to most other threads on the board.

This is good news. I had PO'ed this along with Haybaby's "Sleepy Kids," so I won't get that one until this STD record ships. I feel like I'm doing something wrong by not griping about it. I'm not hip at all, apparently.