Neko Case - Truckdriver, Gladiator, Mule (discography box set)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the fence about this. The only ones I'm missing and really want are The Tigers Have Spoken and Furnace Room Lullaby, but the original presses for the rest don't sound great. My Blacklisted has personal value and is signed "Love, Neko." I have a blue Fox Confessor already, and the special edition of the newest one...and I don't really want to give either of those up, either.

I'm on the fence about this. The only ones I'm missing and really want are The Tigers Have Spoken and Furnace Room Lullaby, but the original presses for the rest don't sound great. My Blacklisted has personal value and is signed "Love, Neko." I have a blue Fox Confessor already, and the special edition of the newest one...and I don't really want to give either of those up, either.

Very jealous of your Blacklisted. Kelly Hogan lives not too far from me....

• 2 weeks later...

This thing is fucking huge!  Much bigger than I expected anyway.  I won't have time to listen to anything until this weekend, so I can't comment on sound quality yet.  Some nice touches are that the lid appears to be a bit magnetic, so it snaps into place and doesn't flap loose.  The book has a little cardboard holder in the box, so it's not sliding around in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw Neko Case at the Apollo in support of the box set. I've seen Neko before but what an amazing show. The show was stripped down with no drummer or Kelly Hogan. It really was a showcase for her voice. She performed songs she has retired and stuff she's never played live.  It was an excellent selection with a few choice omissions but some of the highlights were "Bought and Sold," "Lady Pilot", "The Needle Has Landed," "Hold On, Hold On,"Margaret Vs. Pauline, "Blacklisted," "Night Still Comes," "Duchess" and "Look For Me (I'll Be Around). So many more. So good.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I'm becoming more picky with the live releases I purchase, as most of them rarely get listened to after I file them away.  I'm going to want to hear this one first, but it definitely has my interest.

it's a good one it's been on CD for years, it was after Fox Confessor I believe