Dear Reinventing Axl Rose,

Stop it. Please. Not only do you have super lame colors now, but now there are super lame variants. Example, according to No Idea: 20th press Light Purple, Dark Purple, Green Mix with red and black labels right? I was looking at 5 completely different copies tonight in a purple splatter, dull grey, dark grey-black, blue-green & dull green/grey all with red and black labels.

This has gone from a fun "hobby" to complete bullshit. Fine, You win, okay? There are too many of you to collect. I am putting my foot down at 41 copies. I am insane for trying.

AWS, Flood, Andy, Impact and anyone else who decided to take this on, good luck, you are a better man than I.

Seacrest out.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had to buy 41 copies of the SAME record before you findally realized it was ridiculous? I understand having a rare copy and one you play all the time. Hell, even two or three "shelf" copies makes sense if they're rare. But shit, you gotta buy 41 records before you finally see how stupid that gets?

I "get" collecting. Really, I do. But when there's so many getting pressed I don't see why it doesn't become obvious that it's time to move on. Be happy you have the first press, everything after that is pretty much worthless. Nobody cares that you have one of only 12 copies of the 16th press on swirly vagina pink of a record.

I'm not judging you guys that do this, but... damn, you could have bought 40 other records instead and discovered so much great music, or you could have upgraded your turntable setup (you know, you can actually listen to these things). If people didn't focus so much on having every single color of a record and were just happy with one (or two) copies they could afford to upgrade from cheapo USB and Best Buy tables and really and truly see what's so special about records.

i think the most i have of a single record is 8. Those are at least 7"s, so they dont take up a ridiculous amount of space and are way cheaper than buying 41 lps. I think the most of a single LP I have is 6 or 7. I love collecting variants and all, but could never ever be able to collect something like AM or HWM or a band that just has fucking pressing after pressing of a single record.

You had to buy 41 copies of the SAME record before you findally realized it was ridiculous? I understand having a rare copy and one you play all the time. Hell, even two or three "shelf" copies makes sense if they're rare. But shit, you gotta buy 41 records before you finally see how stupid that gets?

I "get" collecting. Really, I do. But when there's so many getting pressed I don't see why it doesn't become obvious that it's time to move on. Be happy you have the first press, everything after that is pretty much worthless. Nobody cares that you have one of only 12 copies of the 16th press on swirly vagina pink of a record.

I'm not judging you guys that do this, but... damn, you could have bought 40 other records instead and discovered so much great music, or you could have upgraded your turntable setup (you know, you can actually listen to these things). If people didn't focus so much on having every single color of a record and were just happy with one (or two) copies they could afford to upgrade from cheapo USB and Best Buy tables and really and truly see what's so special about records.

Amen. I have several releases with multiple copies in my collection...but GAWD DAMN.

Whoa whoa whoa, who chose to collect this? I mean did you think that they'd all of a sudden stop pressing weird variants/many different colors once you began collecting?

I know I'll probably never finish, and if I ever do, it'll be in the far distant future, but it won't stop me from trying. That's part of a hobby. What fun is it collecting something that's easily completed?

Sort of odd that you got fed up with this press too, as they're some of the nicest variants there are.

just for the record joe, the purple in the new press is probably the prettiest one they've ever done ;)

and honestly.. buying multiples of AM! records hasn't stopped me from discovering new bands, currently i have more physical copies of albums than any sane human could possibly properly digest in a lifetime anyways... so buying multiples is actually a positive thing :)

I love looking at Against Me collectors' collections...it's pretty awesome seeing pictures of Impact's collection...but personally I'm not interested in having everything. I think as far as Against Me! goes, I'll be satisfied when I have first pressings of everything...except the acoustic e.p. I might go farther with that, but I don't know if I'd try too hard to have everything.

You can't blame No Idea in this case, they know the pressings will sell out and make them money. I don't blame collectors either. It's their thing. I can see where Joey would be frustrated, but it was his choice to start and it's his choice to not finish. I wouldn't collect Against Me, espeically this release because of how difficult it would be, but to the folks who do I say have fun and enjoy it.

1000 on black like justin said, but blue ink on the cover instead of red

Ha, if they pressed it with a different color ink on the cover I'd probably buy that album again just to have the different color cover. As far as the vinyl goes...eh...too many variations...I don't have the time, money or patience for that kind of collecting. For those of you that will have a complete Against Me! collection someday, more power to you...and I look forward to seeing pictures of it.