Dear Reinventing Axl Rose,

just for the record joe, the purple in the new press is probably the prettiest one they've ever done ;)

and honestly.. buying multiples of AM! records hasn't stopped me from discovering new bands, currently i have more physical copies of albums than any sane human could possibly properly digest in a lifetime anyways... so buying multiples is actually a positive thing :)

I'm willing to take you up on this, as long as i get to keep the records i shit out.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i totally back the picture disc idea (and i hate picture discs) or the black with blue cover. i would buy either one of them. i think they should just press 180g black w/ blue covers /1000, and then the rest of the pressings just be black. forever. and ever. amen.

I hate pictures discs, too, but I'd buy it. That or the black w/ blue cover.

If No Idea ever stops pressing it on colored vinyl I really hope there isn't a jump in the suicide rate caused by Against Me! collectors that just don't know what to do with their lives now that they have all the variations.

The best part about this is that people blame No Idea for this madness. Obviously they keep repressing it (due to the demand of basically about a dozen collectors it seems), but all they are doing is ordering "mixed vinyl" from the plant. The plant then takes the leftover color vinyl from all their other orders and simply mixes it together, which is why you get all these stupid variants. It is also about 1/3 the cost of pressing regular colored vinyl. Basically, in the truest sense, nearly EVERY record you get from the plant this way will be different in SOME WAY, which is why I think people collecting every "variant" of these pressings is hilarious / impossible.

hats off to AM! collectors, because it seems like tough work. i feel bad if i see a thread that andy or impact missed out on the latest pressing because something fucked up between no idea and paypal. because i want them to have all of the variations. there's just something about seeing those pictures with all of them laid out on the ground, and they had to take the picture from the top of a fucking ladder or something, because there's so many.

anyway, that being said, all of the arguments stated thus far have been true. no idea makes a killing off of this, record collectors hate it, but at the same time the label does what it has to do to keep the record in print. some people think collecting multiple variations is just insane. but to each his own...

ps. please direct all love to my signature

That would be great, but would likely prompt Axl to punch whoever is asking square in the face.

well all i know is that if i ever for some strange reason am able to meet him i will make sure to bring my copy of this record

It would be even better if Against Me could get Axl to get up on stage and sing the title track with them.

the 20th pressing was my last pressing.

but what people need to understand is No Idea is a business and its there buisness to sell records and they are doing a good job in doing it, so good on them.

im nearly done with my AM! collection a few more pieces and ill be content because its never gonna be complete. it would be a nightmare to start collecting now, whereas a while back there were only a few presses back to catch up on.

yeah but the vast majority of copies of this record were sold for 6-7 bucks from the label... thats pretty straight right there. by having all the random colors no idea is able to keep their shit really cheap... you gotta respect that.

since i buy almost all of my no idea releases directly from the label, im supporting a label i like, and respect. so its all good.

so far im done with..

crimes

acoustic eps

RAR (missing a few of the 19th press, doesnt really bother me)

cav

disco

sire stuff (except stop on black and yellow, and german new wave)

demos (all, except vivada vis)

i only need a handful of things to have a near complete collection. like Andy, I am most likely stopping at the 20th pressing. Var has told me there are plans for a pic disc soon, so that will probably be the last RAR variant I get.