Sonic Youth Geffen Era Reissues!

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Eh...Flower is like...bottom tier Sonic Youth. I had to get extra storage today because I outgrew what I had a while back. I'm trying not to collect discographies just to own them anymore.

I'm with you.  Flowers is inessential Sonic Youth for me.   I think Experimental is the only other studio album I'm missing at this point, I'll order that next time I get paid.

3 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

I think from sister to sonic nurse (minus flowers) this band was brillant. The earlier work is not bad, but just very different from this era. The last 2 records were pretty straight forward.

Truth.

A Thousand Leaves was my intro to them (saw it and bought it on a whim because I had a friend who was obsessed with them) Goo was my second album from them.

I enjoy a lot of their stuff, but Leaves and Goo are probably my favorite.

3 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

I think from sister to sonic nurse (minus flowers) this band was brillant. The earlier work is not bad, but just very different from this era. The last 2 records were pretty straight forward.

I would start with EVOL and go through Dirty as essential, with experimental through rather ripped as still good, but with select tracks much better than others.

What do you guys and gals think of their solo work?

I really liked what Thurston has done since the breakup with Chelsea Light Moving and The Best Day. The experimental stuff doesnt do much for me. Psychic Hearts was really good in 90s. The Demolished Thought record was kinda a snooze as I need Thurston plugged in

I have liked both Lee Randaldo solo records with the Dust. Everything else is a pass

Kim has been very boring since with Body/Head and Glitterburst. Free Kitten in the 90s was good

Steve is well Steve. I did enjoy his time in Disappears