Sonic Youth Geffen Era Reissues!

• 1 month later...

So now these are pushed to January 26th so says my shop.

Yeah I noticed a week or so ago that Amazon's release dates had updated to the end of the month (29th is Friday). 

BTW for those that don't know, Newbury has an exclusive of Goo on pink and white whirl vinyl, releasing on the same day. I pre-ordered that one and plan to pick up Washing Machine and Dirty at a local shop. 

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/sonic_youth-goo_exclusive_lp?variant=11394510790

Sister should be out in April. Just picked up a VG+ original US pressing on Discogs. I imagine the reissues will have edited album art.

Is there a source on this? I wanted to put a PO in if I could. With these and Sister back in print will they have any OOP stuff that is expensive anymore? I can't think of any

I mean there were only a couple of albums that were hard to find with to begin with.  Other than Washing Machine, I'm pretty sure all the Gefflin stuff has been in print.   I bought Murray Street X-Mas of 14' and contemplated buying A Thousand Leaves more than a couple times.  In fact, I just bit on Leaves and snagged it during the CCMusic sale because it feels like these re-issues are happening so they have an excuse to jack up the price from what was $17ish to $25ish. 

At least Washing Machine is back in print though.  

I mean there were only a couple of albums that were hard to find with to begin with. Other than Washing Machine, I'm pretty sure all the Gefflin stuff has been in print. I bought Murray Street X-Mas of 14' and contemplated buying A Thousand Leaves more than a couple times. In fact, I just bit on Leaves and snagged it during the CCMusic sale because it feels like these re-issues are happening so they have an excuse to jack up the price from what was $17ish to $25ish.

At least Washing Machine is back in print though.

Gefflin....

Amazon is now showing Feb.26th for these. The date keeps on changing! Bummer...

Damn, this is really annoying! I believe the original date was December 4, and it has changed 3 or 4 times since then. Now a whole month! 

I wonder if the Newbury version of Goo will also be delayed. Site still says 1/29, so I'm hoping to at least get that one soon.

I'm OK with the delays if it means that we're gonna get a quality pressing. I'd rather wait than get something with issues. Plus, the EU reissues of these are out, so if you're feeling antsy, you can always grab those.

I suppose I can be patient. I'm not going to pay extra for the European ones. 

Got an email from Newbury this morning - their exclusive of Goo, as expected, has the same delay. 

• 3 weeks later...

Goo, Dirty, and Washing Machine reissues are now on the Sonic Youth webstore.

http://sonicyouth.kungfustore.com/

They say In Stock, and no mention of release date. The Facebook post that alerted me to this says "Goo- Dirty- Washing Machine and Diamond Sea 12" all available on vinyl at our webstore:"

So does that mean they're available prior to the recently updated February 26 release date?

Are they preorders? I don't see it noted that they are and was wondering if I went through their webstore if I'd get it faster than Amazon

I was editing my post while you responded, I was wondering the same thing. What I added:

They say In Stock, and no mention of release date. The Facebook post that alerted me to this says "Goo- Dirty- Washing Machine and Diamond Sea 12" all available on vinyl at our webstore:"

So does that mean they're available prior to the recently updated February 26 release date?

I'd love to buy directly from them but I think I'll probably wait and buy them locally. Amazon's price just dropped, but that's Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news on Sister, too bad about the censored images though. I recently picked one up on Discogs that was supposed to be an original pressing with original images front and back, but the back one was censored. Front Disney pic is there though. Still it was a good price even for the version with censored back image, so I kept it. 

Really hoping there aren't any more delays on Goo, Dirty, and Washing Machine.