Sonic Youth Geffen Era Reissues!

What happened to Experimental Jet Set? I realized I didn't have that one POd and went to on Amazon and there's no option. Did they just skip it and go straight to Washing Machine?

I read somewhere that Experimental Jet Set, NYC Ghosts, A thousand Leaves, Murray St and Sonic Nurse are coming out later in the year. 

There are also amazon.co.uk pre orders with April 22 as the release date for those. I know that the first batch (Goo, Dirty, Washing Machine) of these came out over there in December so my guess at this rate this second round will come to North America in the fall. 

I read somewhere that Experimental Jet Set, NYC Ghosts, A thousand Leaves, Murray St and Sonic Nurse are coming out later in the year. 

There are also amazon.co.uk pre orders with April 22 as the release date for those. I know that the first batch (Goo, Dirty, Washing Machine) of these came out over there in December so my guess at this rate this second round will come to North America in the fall. 

Thanks for the info.

Washing Machine sounds super good. Dirty and Goo are on their way and I'm assuming they will as well. I don't own one badly pressed Sonic Youth record and I've got them all minus a handful. I'd like to think Thurston is one of us and everything passes through him before it gets out into the world.

Washing Machine sounds super good. Dirty and Goo are on their way and I'm assuming they will as well. I don't own one badly pressed Sonic Youth record and I've got them all minus a handful. I'd like to think Thurston is one of us and everything passes through him before it gets out into the world.

They all sound great. I was pleasantly surprised too, I was worried they might be CD sourced since they were from the 90s

• 1 month later...

I love their experimental stuff! I decided this year that I'm actively collecting all of their releases. I've bought almost everything that's available new for purchase (just missing a 2 SYR vinyl releases, the first album and a couple of others) and I've started digging into finding the out of print 12"s and stuff. 

I counted the other day and I'm up to 47 individual lps of music (this is counting the 2xlps and 4xlps as individual lps). This is getting expensive!

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I didn't...I may pick up Experimental at some point. I don't know that I necessarily need Flower, and already have a copy of Leaves.

you need all the sonic youth you can get and more.

I've got an OG blue Jet Set and a black OG NYC so I am holding off on those, but I will get Leaves sometime in the next few weeks or so

2 minutes ago, Holo said:

you need all the sonic youth you can get and more.

I've got an OG blue Jet Set and a black OG NYC so I am holding off on those, but I will get Leaves sometime in the next few weeks or so

Eh...Flower is like...bottom tier Sonic Youth. I had to get extra storage today because I outgrew what I had a while back. I'm trying not to collect discographies just to own them anymore.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Eh...Flower is like...bottom tier Sonic Youth. I had to get extra storage today because I outgrew what I had a while back. I'm trying not to collect discographies just to own them anymore.

Bottom tier Sonic Youth is still a great album :P

I have been thinning out a bit, and really should do a large sale soon too put money towards a car rather than just a few random things here and there. I love Sonic Youth, was just giving you a hard time though

1 minute ago, Holo said:

Bottom tier Sonic Youth is still a great album :P

I have been thinning out a bit, and really should do a large sale soon too put money towards a car rather than just a few random things here and there. I love Sonic Youth, was just giving you a hard time though

I know it, booboo.