PO: Jeff Buckley - You and I (Unreleased songs) 3/11/16

gmoney

A new album of Jeff Buckley recordings, titled You and I, will be released March 16 next year, NPR reports. The 10-track release compiles songs recorded early in his career, in order to show producers what he had in mind for his debut album. Most of the tracks are covers, including the Smiths' "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" and "I Know It's Over", Led Zeppelin's "Night Flight", and Bob Dylan's "Just Like a Woman". See the full tracklist below, scroll down for the NPR Morning Edition segment on the release, and head to NPR to hear Buckley's take on Sly & The Family Stone's "Everyday People" in full.

You and I:

01 Just Like A Woman (Bob Dylan cover)

02 Everyday People (Sly & The Family Stone cover)

03 Don't Let The Sun Catch You Cryin' (First recorded by Louis Jordan)

04 Grace (original)

05 Calling You (Jevetta Steele cover)

06 Dream Of You And I (original)

07 The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (The Smiths cover)

08 Poor Boy Long Way From Home (traditional blues song, Bukka White cover)

09 Night Flight (Led Zeppelin cover)

10 I Know It's Over (The Smiths cover)

Agreed - we need a vinyl pressing of Live at Sine and I'll up it to we need a pressing of Live at L'Olympia as well.

Agreed - Always suspect when they say "found these in the archives", because you know Sony knew they existed, just careful marketing and advertising

Agreed - $40 is too much

Disagree that these are "demos".  If you listen to Everyday People, these aren't tape recording demos.(or like the sound on the bootleg Trash Can Demos"

I bet there will be more released in the next few years, because there is more in the archives

Everyday People audio is here (good stuff going on here):

http://www.vevo.com/watch/USSM21502202?utm_medium=embed_player&utm_content=watermark&syn_id=346C2586-D3F8-4B75-BA0D-398FDB6E4C08

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just an FYI that there appears to be a 7" promo released with The Boy With A Thorn and the B side being If You Knew (live at Café Sine).  I picked it up on Ebay today from a UK seller.  Not sure if it is official or a bootleg, but it's out there.

Anyone know anything about this Jeff Buckley 7"?

Just an FYI that there appears to be a 7" promo released with The Boy With A Thorn and the B side being If You Knew (live at Café Sine).  I picked it up on Ebay today from a UK seller.  Not sure if it is official or a bootleg, but it's out there.

Anyone know anything about this Jeff Buckley 7"?

It's up for sale on the HMV website for £4.99 so it must be official

http://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/the-boy-with-the-thorn-in-his-side

Well crud...this won't ship to the US.  I'd like to get 2 copies of this, so if anyone will be kind enough to purchase and post them to me, I'll paypal you for the trouble with a little extra for a pint or two!

Hit me up if you are willing!

I'm happy to get them together and post them across if allenh's timescale doesn't fit - backup supplier!

By the way, I am one of the lucky ones that actually saw Jeff perform live. Actually, I've seen him twice in concert, both times in Seattle.  The first time was in a really small venue in Ballard.  After the show, my girlfriend and I stayed to continue drinking and then Chris Cornell and Matt Cameron walked into the venue, which is when the bartender told us it was "time to go".  As we were walking out, Jeff stopped us, talked it up a bit, tore a poster off the wall, autographed and handed it over.  Just the nicest guy with the most beautiful voice I'll ever hear.  Still a crying shame...

The vinyl pressing of this album certainly has no good reason for being $30-$35. Material is good though. Pressed at MPO in France.

Agreed.  This could have easily fit onto one record as well.  They should have done a pressing that was on 1 vinyl at 33 rpm and a 2nd pressing on 2 LP at 45 rpm.  Just saying...

Agreed.  This could have easily fit onto one record as well.  They should have done a pressing that was on 1 vinyl at 33 rpm and a 2nd pressing on 2 LP at 45 rpm.  Just saying...

Especially since the music is sparse and dynamic, it could easily fit onto a single LP without significant quality loss. Even at a standard 2xLP, there's no reason it couldn't be $20-22. There's nothing extravagant about it, nor could there have been any extraneous cost for producing the material.