Copper "Drag Queen" is the best Emo album of all time

I say this with apologies to Don Martin 3, Moonraker, Junction, Ashes, Split Lip & Indian Summer. (I couldn't decide if Shift should be considered emo - sorry if anyone feels it a slight)

Not considered: any band that had 12 t-shirt designs before releasing an album. So pretty much anything post-2000. I'm overstating and making a bit of a joke here. There are some very good records and more coming that in my opinion stay true to the original vision of the genre - I dig what Old Gray is up to for instance.

All that said Copper "Drag Queen" is emo perfection start to finish. It's a hauntingly beautiful record that within those microgrooves you can hear all the passion that went into a group of people trying to express something that by extension captures brilliantly a moment in time when punk and hard-core were taking a step in another direction. 

Why a new thread? Just lock it. This isn't a debate, it's a statement so others can get turned onto what I think is an overlooked and lost album from an amazing era of music. 

Still not a debate. "Serial Killer" is such a great track. I know this sound isn't popular at all any longer and that's a crime. 

I love Indian Summer. I miss that era where we had so many rad female fronted bands. Junction "Swingset" is so freaking good. Art Monk Construction was a great label. Meghan Ball could sing plain and simple - someone can argue with me that maybe Rainer Maria's "Look Now Look Again" is a contender. 

Hope those ordering dig it.