Favorite Band(s) you haven't seen live?

dapeebs

I saw Live with Ed 7 times between '97 and 2008. That band used to rock so hard. They were so much better live than they were on record. I definitely don't see Ed coming back.

I highly recommend seeing Alice in Chains. I have to be honest here...and this will probably be very unpopular. The band's shows are better now than they were with Layne. DuVall absolutely brings it. And I love Layne. 

I agree with the Alice in Chains comment.  They really need to change up their setlists though.  Maybe play more than 3 songs off the last album as well.

I guess I kind of assumed the predicate of the thread was what active bands have just not been able to catch yet. I mean, I would go almost anywhere to see a Gabriel/Rutherford/Hackett/Banks/Collins Genesis lineup, which is technically possible since they are all alive, but pretty assuredly will never happen.

I thought I remember hearing they were talking about trying to get this lineup together about 10 years ago and they couldn't pull it off for whatever reason.

I saw Live with Ed 7 times between '97 and 2008. That band used to rock so hard. They were so much better live than they were on record. I definitely don't see Ed coming back.

I think in this case the parties involved not only burned that bridge but tore up the roads leading to the bridge.

I saw Live in '97. It was two days before Secret Samadhi came out (they played on SNL, this show was sunday, and the album came out on the tuesday) and they crushed it. As good as those first three records were, they were indeed even better live. At least, they were back then.

so, I basically just went through my itunes playlist and I'm actually kind of impressed with how short the list actually is.  Several of these aren't really doable due to the band not being active/together.

AC/DC

Alice Cooper

Bell Rays

Black Halos

Butthole Surfers

the Cure

D Generation

David Bowie

Deadly Snakes

Devil Dogs

Elton John

Flamin' Groovies