I Hate The Beatles

I get if people aren't fans but this is like one of the worst examples of unnecessary releases. The mono mixes haven't been available since the 60s, clean original parlophones go for a fortune, and these were the mixes the band wanted the fans to hear, and took part directly in the mixing of. It was cut all analog from the original master tapes, we are in a vinyl boom and there were probably less than 50 all analog releases that year, reissue or new recording. But let's pitchfork that, while cartel "chroma" sourced from a used cd gets pressed, while spacelab and mondo put out gimmick releases, maybe those are bad examples due to smaller pressing numbers. But there is a lot of shit getting put on vinyl, and if you are a fan of the Beatles this is pretty much the best way you are ever going to hear these albums. Whereas half the vinyl coming out would sound almost the same if you ran the cd through your receiver and speakers (I buy some of this subpar stuff too)

i dont mind them at all. i dont listen to them an awful lot anymore but they are special to me for personal reasons. i think people are just tired of hearing about them and the unpopular opinion of their status. that and the more mainstream an artist is, people just want to hate them since the majority like them.

listening to them wasnt that easy though really, (other than buying it..GASP) especially pre-mid early 2000's. most of it could only be heard on physical format. they had an ongoing battle with apple...since releasing on Apple Publishing/Records/Corps, rights got nitpicky having the same name. when apple released system 7 they came with alert sounds - one being named 'sosumi' a homophone of "so sue me" ..after the court battles.

not a fan of the white album or the early years..but man. when they found the reeeeeally good drugs, shit got real.

if a store starts to play beatles music he leaves. op is pretty cool in my book.

dude that is badass. Especially since he loves Spoon. And Britt Daniel has cited the Beatles as a massive influence. He was also influenced by The Cure, who Robert Smith said he likes to think of as the punk Beatles. Clearly they have zero influence on modern, or any, music.

dude that is badass. Especially since he loves Spoon. And Britt Daniel has cited the Beatles as a massive influence. He was also influenced by The Cure, who Robert Smith said he likes to think of as the punk Beatles. Clearly they have zero influence on modern, or any, music.

and animal collective and beach house...it makes zero sense

I love The Beatles (being British, I suppose you have to). I also owe "The Hobby" to them - receiving a lovely copy of Sgt Peppers' pushed me to buying it all...ALL!

I had a girlfriend who hated them and would also turn off the radio when they came on. We didn't last long after that.