I Hate The Beatles

Have never been a fan. Don't understand the constant represses of the same records over and over again as well.

capitol loves money, but the mono mixes and stereo mixes are drastically different, so that's why there are two seperate pressings. The stereo had a digital step, and the mono was all analog

If anyone was around this board when they were pressing that boxset will remember how it slowed down so many preorders. Every plant was churning out represses of already readily available Beatles records.

I have a beef with the collector side of it. I can't tell you the number of times I have been at a record show or in a record store and have seen a thrashed copy of any Beatles record with a huge asking price. Just because it's old doesn't make it valuable.

If anyone was around this board when they were pressing that boxset will remember how it slowed down so many preorders. Every plant was churning out represses of already readily available Beatles records.

I have a beef with the collector side of it. I can't tell you the number of times I have been at a record show or in a record store and have seen a thrashed copy of any Beatles record with a huge asking price. Just because it's old doesn't make it valuable.

you can't blame one release for slowing down pressing times, especially when shit like adventure time picture discs are getting pressed, and the stereo pressing had so many issues with pressing defects and people were pissed about the sourcing, so they did it right the second time, also they did one of each mix on cd so of course it's smart marketing during the vinyl resurgence to repress the best selling band of all time.

As for the overpriced beat up old copies, story of my life. I worked in record stores for years as a vinyl buyer and I couldn't tell you how many beat up capitol pressings and represses people would come in asking a bunch of money for, it's even worse with Elvis sometimes though

By no means should you be forced to enjoy the Beatles, but you could at least respect what they did for pop music. Though I suppose I shouldn't argue nativity with anyone nearing their 50s, complaining to strangers via the Internet.

Fixed.  While their biggest impact was definitely in the "pop" world of music, they truly shaped the musical landscape.  And not just sonically, the industry itself was drastically altered and still tries to emulate and reproduce that level of success and stardom (for better or worse, mostly worse).

Sonically there are even (rather valid arguments) that they planted the seed for what became doom metal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Want_You_(She%27s_So_Heavy))

I spent a long time not liking The Beatles, and if directly asked would state as much.  But in the same breath I would never deny their importance or impact on the world of music.

you can't blame one release for slowing down pressing times, especially when shit like adventure time picture discs are getting pressed, and the stereo pressing had so many issues with pressing defects and people were pissed about the sourcing, so they did it right the second time, also they did one of each mix on cd so of course it's smart marketing during the vinyl resurgence to repress the best selling band of all time.

As for the overpriced beat up old copies, story of my life. I worked in record stores for years as a vinyl buyer and I couldn't tell you how many beat up capitol pressings and represses people would come in asking a bunch of money for, it's even worse with Elvis sometimes though

It definitely clogged up the plants though. I remember everything else getting delayed around that time.

It definitely clogged up the plants though. I remember everything else getting delayed around that time.

there weren't massive delays when the stereo series was released, and the mono series was pressed at MPO which is more expensive than most plants, and since 90% of the music people on this board give a shit about is pressed at GZ it's a moot point

I see people using it as a scapegoat, and not one example of anyone squeezed out had their record pressed at optimal. So explain to me how a bunch of poor indie bands who have their records pressed at GZ, Rainbo, Gotta Groove and United are being pushed out by The mono remasters. This defies logic, you can blame jack white for clogging up united if you want I guess

I know NapalmBrain doesn't believe me but it was a huge story covered by multiple sites and people at the time.

While NapalmBrain's point is valid, it doesn't change that that was the story being reported by the media/small labels.

Maybe it was an excuse given by pressing plants to labels?  Who knows.  Regardless, if you max out the production of Plant A, it is going to have a residual effect on Plant B, regardless of who uses what plant to press which shitty album.

I understand the frustration, and I get that's the excuse people want to throw out there, and it's possible that maybe it bumped some other release and snubbed someone due to how big their order was in comparison which sucks but there's capitalism for you. I don't even like UMGD and don't want to defend them, I just don't see concrete examples of labels or bands who even wanted to use that plant but couldn't cause of the beatles reissues. It probably did screw over some european band, but no one crying in that noisey article. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never heard of any US band using that plant due to higher cost (when you can cut all analog, stereo or mono and have great QC you generally charge more than someone cutting mp3s to DMM)