Retailers making the most of the vinyl resurgence... How much is too much?

beags

Just scrolling through the JB Hi Fi website (Australia) and noticed this...

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-Hot/pop-urban/beauty-behind-the-madness-deluxe-180gm-vinyl/886941/

$72.99 for a 2LP gatefold. Surely that's almost double the standard RRP?? Who in their right mind would pay this??

Just scrolling through the JB Hi Fi website (Australia) and noticed this...

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-Hot/pop-urban/beauty-behind-the-madness-deluxe-180gm-vinyl/886941/

$72.99 for a 2LP gatefold. Surely that's almost double the standard RRP?? Who in their right mind would pay this??

Its grossly over priced in the US as well.  Thats like another $12 over the US price though. 

not defending them... but the USD to AUD is Shite! and they import most of their stuff from the states... however.. i can still get this for $55 landed in aus... problem is. there just isnt enough consumers/people like the US to warrant more big sellers.. like B&N, Walmart etc... and so JB can charge what they like, preying on the weak ;)  the worst part of it is, it just makes Aus Artists soooooo expensive.. i had to pay $60 for The Rubens - Hoops! 

not defending them... but the USD to AUD is Shite! and they import most of their stuff from the states... however.. i can still get this for $55 landed in aus... problem is. there just isnt enough consumers/people like the US to warrant more big sellers.. like B&N, Walmart etc... and so JB can charge what they like, preying on the weak ;)  the worst part of it is, it just makes Aus Artists soooooo expensive.. i had to pay $60 for The Rubens - Hoops! 

I bought it last week at JB (had to make multiple phone calls to track the last one down in VIC) for $42. You got jibbed!!