PO 02/11 : Cult Of Luna & Julie Christmas - Mariner

Regarding the vinyl-only bonus track ("Beyond the Redshift"): I listened to the record (blue speckles!) yesterday, and I'm torn about this track. While it is a real departure from the rest of the album (no vocals, mainly symphonic, hardly any guitars, almost like an ambient track) and therefore would probably be of little interest to most of the listeners, I love tracks like that.

So from that perspective, it's probably OK to have it as a vinyl-only track (or on the Japanese CD edition) - if people are in the mood, they can spin side D. Definitely a different beast than the Vertikal CD bonus track "The Flow Reversed"...

no pictures i have seen do the yellow justice, i got mine today and its seriously the most beautiful record i probably own now. Bright neon yellow with yellow splatter, all the images make it look like that dull yellow piss color you get after not drinking enough water. Gumbo this in absolutely no way looks like the deafheaven yellow after seeing it in person beyond them both being yellow. This one is really bright clear yellow with neon looking light yellow splatter.

After ruining myself financially on Saturday, I said I wouldn't buy more records for a couple of weeks, then I listened to A Greater Call again. Then I saw the green splatter. My copy's coming from Amazon tomorrow, whoops! I've only recently gotten into CoL, but between this and Vertikal I've got a tonne to sink my teeth into. Where should I go after those two?

After ruining myself financially on Saturday, I said I wouldn't buy more records for a couple of weeks, then I listened to A Greater Call again. Then I saw the green splatter. My copy's coming from Amazon tomorrow, whoops! I've only recently gotten into CoL, but between this and Vertikal I've got a tonne to sink my teeth into. Where should I go after those two?

I'd grab Salvation and Somewhere Along The Highway since they were just repressed and might be available still.

I have a very cheap copy of Somewhere ALong The Highway on black vinyl if you're interested. that's probably my favorite album of theirs. Finland, Dim, and Dark City Dead Man are absolute monster tracks.

gumbo i checked the clear out last night and it sounds amazing, i recommend getting that one. The only color i cant speak for is the black versions, but the colored variants were all great. 

Just got my yellow in the mail.

These people are fucking RETARDED at packing records. My LP1 is warped, because they took only that one out of the jacket, but not LP2. And they used a whiplash mailer, which is great, except there was no padding, only 2 small tufts of cardboard paper bunched together. There was no label on the box besides "Distribution Center" and when I picked it up, I could feel it's contents shaking around. No clue what the fuck that was about.

Open it up, and the shrink wrap is sliced, and one record is outside of the jacket, the other is still in the gatefold sleeve. Massive seamsplits in both inner sleeves.

This place is a fucking joke. So now, I'm playing LP1 and my needle rides it like a fucking roller coaster. Jesus christ.

Just got my yellow in the mail.

These people are fucking RETARDED at packing records. My LP1 is warped, because they took only that one out of the jacket, but not LP2. And they used a whiplash mailer, which is great, except there was no padding, only 2 small tufts of cardboard paper bunched together. There was no label on the box besides "Distribution Center" and when I picked it up, I could feel it's contents shaking around. No clue what the fuck that was about.

Open it up, and the shrink wrap is sliced, and one record is outside of the jacket, the other is still in the gatefold sleeve. Massive seamsplits in both inner sleeves.

This place is a fucking joke. So now, I'm playing LP1 and my needle rides it like a fucking roller coaster. Jesus christ.

Dammit gumbo I feel for you, I want you to get your cult of Luna. Between this and the highway sound I don't know what to say. Mine arrived perfectly and sounds great. Reach out to them and tell them that it arrived like shit. Good luck man.

Has anyone got their order from Eclipsical yet? Hoping they ship soon, its been 2 weeks since he last had an update.

Hey, still battling with the distributor I ordered from to ship these out.  Been two weeks now of emails.  Keep getting lame ass excuses about how backed up they still are from RSD.  Will shoot them another email now.  Last update I got on Tuesday was, "should be soon".  I will email/PM everyone when I have them in hand!

On 4/28/2016 at 3:46 AM, Eclipsical said:

Hey, still battling with the distributor I ordered from to ship these out.  Been two weeks now of emails.  Keep getting lame ass excuses about how backed up they still are from RSD.  Will shoot them another email now.  Last update I got on Tuesday was, "should be soon".  I will email/PM everyone when I have them in hand!

Just saw the black at my local record shop today, if they haven't sent them to you yet then I don't think this is happening. I wish the distributor will be straight with you instead of waiting till the last minute............

10 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

The question is, which looks better: purple or yellow? I just want a copy. I'm leaning towards @Gumbo72203's yellow.

The yellow does look truly fantastic, but it's missing some bottom end.  I didn't know you would want a copy, i already let someone else have my extra :\   I might decide to part with mine, because truthfully I probably won't listen to it that much.  Let me sit with the album a little while longer, and see if it grows on me more.  Really, I wish they would just do "A Greater Call" as a 7" single or something, because that track kills and it's the only one on the album I actually have any emotional attachment to.