Dark Souls III - Sleep when you're dead.

rooks

Not that it matters, but I agree with everything Rooks said about DS1 and its difficulty.

For some reason the game reminds me of Morrowind. Obviously very different games. But it just had a way of drawing me into the world, that few games can do.

Kind of on topic but not... has anyone here played "Otogi" for the original Xbox? I am pretty sure Miyazaki had a hand in that game also. It too was a really awesome game. But it just kinda flew under the radar. Oh I wish they'd make a remake of it.

Had never heard of that one. It was From Software but doesn't seem Miyazaki was involved.

Looks like he has done Armored Core games (never played these) Demon's Darks and Bloodborne!

Damn was the Bloodborne DLC really that hard? Glad I'm putting it off until I beat the Souls games. Is there anything crucial I should know about DS1, and/or any gear that is essential? I feel like some engagements I walk into I'm under leveled for, and I still get next to no souls. Maybe I just need to git gud ;)

And I really hope we get some news on the rumored Demon Souls remaster this year. Would really like to be able to play that without having to buy a PS3. 

Damn was the Bloodborne DLC really that hard? Glad I'm putting it off until I beat the Souls games. Is there anything crucial I should know about DS1, and/or any gear that is essential? I feel like some engagements I walk into I'm under leveled for, and I still get next to no souls. Maybe I just need to git gud ;)

And I really hope we get some news on the rumored Demon Souls remaster this year. Would really like to be able to play that without having to buy a PS3. 

i thought it was. 3 of the 5 bosses were really tough. it was about on par with the DS1 DLC, but i think i struggled more on that one. there are areas of the DS2 DLC that i will never touch again. fucking brutal.

as far as advice for DS1... this is a nice start:

Dark+souls+tips+for+beginners+i+ve+found

you can access several areas that you shouldn't be in almost immediately. if you can't handle the enemies, you're probably going the wrong way :)

Haha good tips, thanks. Yeah I tried advancing further in the Darkroot Basin and ran into that multiple headed sea serpent. Died from falling in the water around him. Figured I was going the wrong way, along with those dark tunnels behind firelink shrine. 

Also really like to get all of the achievements for a game, but the ones you need for DS1 look daunting. Especially since you need to advance to at least NG++ to get all the covenant ones. Just gotta make sure I join one of the three and then revisit the game at a later point. 

Haha good tips, thanks. Yeah I tried advancing further in the Darkroot Basin and ran into that multiple headed sea serpent. Died from falling in the water around him. Figured I was going the wrong way, along with those dark tunnels behind firelink shrine. 

Also really like to get all of the achievements for a game, but the ones you need for DS1 look daunting. Especially since you need to advance to at least NG++ to get all the covenant ones. Just gotta make sure I join one of the three and then revisit the game at a later point. 

for every souls game, once you "git gud" it's a very quick path through the game. several bosses (and paths) are optional. i'm talking <6 hours per playthrough for DS1, easily. it took me about 80 hours total to get the platinum. i avoided a formal guide for the first playthrough aside from looking up how to continue quest lines (making sure i didn't mess anything up too badly, which i still did...) and obtain weapons/spells. this checklist helped a TON: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KXl9KfWFnZPrQy9lBaEllRo-DN-QtOTuiNW7LPg7-U4/edit#gid=0

the dark souls subreddits also contain a ton of great info. really great for digging into the lore.

i thought it was. 3 of the 5 bosses were really tough. it was about on par with the DS1 DLC, but i think i struggled more on that one.

What was the third one that gave you trouble? Maria and Laurence were assholes but I one or two tried the other three. I think the first area with all the hunters and pimple butts was the hardest but then the difficulty didn't seem to scale evenly for the rest of the dlc.

What was the third one that gave you trouble? Maria and Laurence were assholes but I one or two tried the other three. I think the first area with all the hunters and pimple butts was the hardest but then the difficulty didn't seem to scale evenly for the rest of the dlc.

the orphan!! i one-shot maria. ludwig and laurence wrecked me for some reason too. 

I pretty much agree with Batman's ranking, but i would probably swap ds1 with bloodborne dlc.

As far as playing blind, nothing comes even close to main game Dark Souls 1. There is no less than 5 or 6 times in that game where you are like "where the fuck am i supposed to go now??" And end up banging against shit past your level for a while. At least in my experience :/. Ds2 and Bloodborne are fairly on-the-rails. And when they arent, you dont end up in the fucking catacombs getting your butt reamed lol.

Also, It would be so cool if somehow they connected the games. So like, if you chose to kill The Last Giant boss in Dark Souls 2, the new giant boss (shown in the trailer) will have a different move set or be harder or something? I feel like it would give more intensive to complete DS2. However, I have no clue if such a thing would even be possible.

Also, It would be so cool if somehow they connected the games. So like, if you chose to kill The Last Giant boss in Dark Souls 2, the new giant boss (shown in the trailer) will have a different move set or be harder or something? I feel like it would give more intensive to complete DS2. However, I have no clue if such a thing would even be possible.

Doesn't fit their "the same but different" motif :P

Everything is circular. But, we don't know where or if they meet. Maybe they are all alternate ;).