Dark Souls III - Sleep when you're dead.

rooks

Also, It would be so cool if somehow they connected the games. So like, if you chose to kill The Last Giant boss in Dark Souls 2, the new giant boss (shown in the trailer) will have a different move set or be harder or something? I feel like it would give more intensive to complete DS2. However, I have no clue if such a thing would even be possible.

the games reference eachother, even bloodborne references DS but that kind of cross-game stuff isn't going to be a thing I don't see it happening. 

They (as in other companies) have done similar things before.

Damned if I can think of an example off the top of my head. but I know for sure choices carried over in games before. Maybe the Persona games? Or... shit man I can't remember. But, it has been done in the past.  Oh Metal Gear Solid remembered some shit I think... and maybe... Dragon Age?

I don't think it's great for DS because you are never the same guy. You were the "Chosen Undead" in DS1, in DS2 you were a human, cursed to constantly be reborn from death who traveled to break the curse.  DS3 you are an "Unkindled" presumably fighting against other unkindled and kindleds to link or not link the fire once again.

Found a huge example of the above: Mass Effect

"Mass Effect 2 also directly uses players' completed save data from the first game to influence events and storylines within the second game, basing certain events and narrative threads on decisions and actions that the player made in the first game."

I can't freaking wait for DS3. I fucking love this series, I just become so completely immersed in it for weeks. I can't even put my finger on what it is, they're all so damn addictive. Anyway I'm hyped!

Desperately trying to work through my backlog of games so I can finish off playing through SOTFS and the Bloodborne DLC before launch.

Just went back to DS1 and it is relentless. Can't believe how much more punishing it is than Bloodborne. Really want to try to finish it and start and finish SOTFS before 3 comes out.

It's a different kind of punishing.  DS1 is all about learning Iframes and how to manipulate them.  Bloodborne is actively dodging attacks and learning when to greed to get lost health back and when to cut your loss and chug a nice room temp vial of blood.

I can't freaking wait for DS3. I fucking love this series, I just become so completely immersed in it for weeks. I can't even put my finger on what it is, they're all so damn addictive. Anyway I'm hyped!

Desperately trying to work through my backlog of games so I can finish of playing through SOTFS and the Bloodborne DLC before launch.

SOTFS was a letdown compared to DS1 but was a great additon to DS11.  As for Bloodborne dlc best of luck.  I breezed through ng+ and +2 on BB but man the dlc is savage.

I caved. Fuck the other games. Back on SOTFS as of last night - picked up where I left off. Just killed the 2 Dragonriders in Drangleic Castle.

Out of interest, would you guys suggest attempting the new areas from the DLC as soon as they're accessible, or wait?

Also, I'm surprised there's as much hate (probably the wrong word) for DS2 as there is, at least in comparison to DS1. It's an easier game, but I think it's a masterpiece all the same.

I caved. Fuck the other games. Back on SOTFS as of last night - picked up where I left off. Just killed the 2 Dragonriders in Drangleic Castle.

Out of interest, would you guys suggest attempting the new areas from the DLC as soon as they're accessible, or wait?

Also, I'm surprised there's as much hate (probably the wrong word) for DS2 as there is, at least in comparison to DS1. It's an easier game, but I think it's a masterpiece all the same.

It's because the level and enemy design just aren't nearly as good as the first. I particularly hate taking that elevator from the poison queen to the lava area. Makes no fucking sense.

It's also full of very samey bosses.

Humanoid 2-legged bosses

Last Giant

Pursuer

Looking Glass Knight

Skeleton Lords

Flexile Sentry

Lost Sinner

Ruin Sentinels

Old Dragonslayer

Smelter Demon

Velstadt

Vendrick

Dragonrider

Giant Lord

Throne Watcher/Defender

All of these fights play the exact same way.

Then there is the uninspired knockoffs

Old DragonSlayer - literally Ornstein.

Scorpioness Najka = Chaos Witch Quelaag

Gargoyles = Bell Gargoyles

Skeleton Lords = Pinwheel

Old Iron King = Ceaseless Discharge

Fake bosses

Prowling Magus

Covetous Demon

Not to mention all of the bosses that use the stupid "More than 1 boss" mechanic, of which there are many and I don't feel like listing.

Actually fuck it, I'm bored.

Bosses in DS2 with Adds or Multiple Bosses

Executioners Chariot

Looking Glass Knight

Skeleton Lords

Gargoyles

Ruin Sentinels

Royal Rat Vanguard

Royal Rat Authority

Duke's Dear Freja

Twin Dragonriders

Prowling Magus

Throne Watcher/Defender

In comparison, DS1 had:

Ornstein and Smough

Pinwheel

Gargoyles

Four Kings I guess

Capra Demon had 2 dogs that don't really count

Hahaha too true.

Nowadays that elevator has like 10 signs all over that say "Up?" "Up?" "Up?"

Oh man, if there is one thing I could change about the entire game it would be that! I still remember the first time I went up that elevator. I got to the top and was like "uhhm.... Ok that's fucking weird".

As for the bosses, I agree there is a certain laziness, and I personally think Bloodborne made up for it. Hopefully they will have learnt some lessons and the DS3 bosses will be amazing....

That said, on my first ever play through of DS2 I really enjoyed picking out their move sets and trying to learn how to get around them just as much as I did in the other games.

Oh man, if there is one thing I could change about the entire game it would be that! I still remember the first time I went up that elevator. I got to the top and was like "uhhm.... Ok that's fucking weird".

As for the bosses, I agree there is a certain laziness, and I personally think Bloodborne made up for it. Hopefully they will have learnt some lessons and the DS3 bosses will be amazing....

That said, on my first ever play through of DS2 I really enjoyed picking out their move sets and trying to learn how to get around them just as much as I did in the other games.

Bloodborne made up for it because of Miyazaki. He directed Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, and Bloodborne. After Bloodborne was finished he started working on DS3 so that's why I'm hyped.

Hahaha. I'll kiss everyone if they put Dark and Demon's on PS4. I'd like to never turn my 360 on again if possible. Only reason I haven't replayed Dark Souls in a while is because I don't want to touch the 360 controller lol.

This is true man. I mean I'm not thrilled about playing it via my xb1, but at least the controller is better than on the 360.

This whole PS Now thing with Sony does annoy me though. I own Demon's Souls, DS1 and (maybe) DS2 digitally on my old ps3 (which I don't have anymore) all linked to my account. I own a load of other games digitally because there were so many given with their ps+ subscription. I don't understand why even though I own them I can't log into PS Now and play the games I OWN that way, or at the very least the ones that they've made available. It seems so stupid, and pretty greedy tbh. Maybe they'll change that come E3.

This is true man. I mean I'm not thrilled about playing it via my xb1, but at least the controller is better than on the 360.

This whole PS Now thing with Sony does annoy me though. I own Demon's Souls, DS1 and (maybe) DS2 digitally on my old ps3 (which I don't have anymore) all linked to my account. I own a load of other games digitally because there were so many given with their ps+ subscription. I don't understand why even though I own them I can't log into PS Now and play the games I OWN that way, or at the very least the ones that they've made available. It seems so stupid, and pretty greedy tbh. Maybe they'll change that come E3.

They've gotta see that this thing is a massive failure that PS4 sales won't counteract in the future once everyone has one. They really need the Netflix price model.