YOU WANNA PIZZA THIS!? (Unofficial Pizza Mega Thread)

WAXXX

How do you guys feel about deep dish?

Deep dish is great.  Chicago deep dish is great.  Thin crust is great.  Flavored crust is great.  $5 pizzas are great.  Frozen pizzas are great.  Wood fire pizzas are great.  Stouffer's french bread pizzas are great.  My middle school's rectangle pizzas with little "pepperoni" nuggets and sloppy-ass cheese were great.

ALL PIZZA IS GREAT.  Except for veggie pizzas.

Deep dish is great.  Chicago deep dish is great.  Thin crust is great.  Flavored crust is great.  $5 pizzas are great.  Frozen pizzas are great.  Wood fire pizzas are great.  Stouffer's french bread pizzas are great.  My middle school's rectangle pizzas with little "pepperoni" nuggets and sloppy-ass cheese were great.

you were so close to being right until the end there. 

you anti-veggie people are crazy 

There was a Roberta (Brooklyn pizza joint) pop up in Austin at a place called Bufalina a few weeks ago and they had a pizza with Franklin BBQ brisket on it.. didn't get to try it and I hate myself for it.

how could you pass that up!?

I recently tried a chicken & waffle pizza and it was the best. (the waffle pieces even had brown sugar and syrup on them it was wild)

how could you pass that up!?

I recently tried a chicken & waffle pizza and it was the best. (the waffle pieces even had brown sugar and syrup on them it was wild)

The place was busy AF and I don't really enjoy crowds. The food would of probably made up for it but oh well.

That's sounds AMAZING. From where?

The place was busy AF and I don't really enjoy crowds. The food would of probably made up for it but oh well.

That's sounds AMAZING. From where?

I feel you crowds are made up of 95% kanye-haters usually can't stand the things. 

From a little place in Chicago called Dimos, they make all sorts of pizza, not the most filling slices but you can always count on them to be tasty. They also have some of the best vegan pizza in the area. 

How do you guys feel about deep dish?

The typical thing in NYC is to shit on deep dish. If done right, it's great. My problem is that it's not pizza, but rather a casserole.

For years I had an aversion to getting any pizza outside NYC, but now if the place is legit I'll give it a shot. So much good pizza out there, and also so much bad pizza.

Veggie pizza is amazing if done right. There's a place here called The Pie that makes an amazing veggie pizza. Spinach, artichoke hearts, tomatos, red onions, feta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. It's heavenly.

phoca_thumb_l_new-xtremeveggi.jpg

I feel you crowds are made up of 95% kanye-haters usually can't stand the things. 

From a little place in Chicago called Dimos, they make all sorts of pizza, not the most filling slices but you can always count on them to be tasty. They also have some of the best vegan pizza in the area.

Exactly, you understand the struggle.

Sounds like I'll have to visit Chicago soon.

there's a chain here called Jet's that makes their pizza like that it's pretty good. Pequods is king of this though mmm

Yuck I hate Jet's. It's slightly better than Little Ceasar's to me.

There are two local spots that have excellent NY style pizza. Andolini's and Paisano's. So good

if you have an opportunity to eat a roberta's pizza, always always always say yes. i live right by roberta's and get delivery from them more often than i should (because fuck waiting 2 hours for a table when i can eat delicious pizza on my couch and not even have to put on pants).

i've tried most of their pizzas, but my go-to is always the bee sting. it's got sopressata, chili and honey all atop a perfectly charred crust. it is truly amazing. 

i mean. look at this thing.

Robertas-Pizza-Menu-Bee-Sting-630x420.jp

6247622663_c32955dcef_z.jpg

24596365509_72bce600d9_z.jpg

i might just have to order one for dinner now. 

that franklin's pizza and bee sting look pretty great. 

to add to the jet's discussion, it's ok for fast food detroit style pizza, but leaves much to be desired. would be exponentially better if they improved the quality of their toppings. it's easy to do better than canned veggies and cheap, frozen meats. it's got to be at least a peg better than little caesar's tho.

for now, i'm reserving judgment on the pizzas that look like tostadas.

lastly, i had pizza yesterday and today.

if you have an opportunity to eat a roberta's pizza, always always always say yes. i live right by roberta's and get delivery from them more often than i should (because fuck waiting 2 hours for a table when i can eat delicious pizza on my couch and not even have to put on pants).

i've tried most of their pizzas, but my go-to is always the bee sting. it's got sopressata, chili and honey all atop a perfectly charred crust. it is truly amazing. 

i mean. look at this thing.

Robertas-Pizza-Menu-Bee-Sting-630x420.jp

6247622663_c32955dcef_z.jpg

24596365509_72bce600d9_z.jpg

i might just have to order one for dinner now. 

Jesus.  You should mark that with an NSFW tag.

that franklin's pizza and bee sting look pretty great. 

to add to the jet's discussion, it's ok for fast food detroit style pizza, but leaves much to be desired. would be exponentially better if they improved the quality of their toppings. it's easy to do better than canned veggies and cheap, frozen meats. it's got to be at least a peg better than little caesar's tho.

for now, i'm reserving judgment on the pizzas that look like tostadas.

lastly, i had pizza yesterday and today.

I had Jet's once while staying with a friend in Georgia...they offer flavor crusts, right? I swore I had a cajun/butter crust and it was great, I thought.