PO: PG.Lost – Key & In Never Out

I swore you posted a WTB for this ages ago. I guess your prayers have been answered!

Definitely, it was one of my biggest mistakes not ordering The Key when it was widely available. Just considered to spend big money to finally obtain it, but this repress came as a true relief and saved me from unnecessary spending.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah they were on tour, with PG.Lost I would imagine.  not sure, Paul didn't say specifically who he was on tour with.  

The shirts are cool, 100% cotton.  I bought the deer one at the show.  The CD's came out great, too.  It's so weird listening to this stuff on record now though because Vultures and Terrain and Jura are SO many magnitudes more amazing live than the studio versions.  The studio versions almost sound sterile and lifeless to me in a way.  Their live sound is just untoppable.  Utterly perfect, so much energy, and the dynamics of the songs really come through so much more on stage.  Oddly enough, "Still Alright" keeps its feeling on record the way it does live.  It's almost too slow live, in a way, when you've been hit with tracks like Jura and Vultures right before it.  But it builds very beautifully.  

What's really weird though is that you don't get the full epic uplifting experience from the chorus in Vultures the way you do live.  It's just so much heavier and more intense...  first, when Kristian is hitting that "dun....  dun dun dun" bass rhythm, and then when he's singing into his mic for the chorus and the guitars are rumbling and the bass is swallowing you whole...  and then they modulate to a major key resolution, ugh.  I can't wait to see those guys again.  You guys really have no idea how fucking incredible that song is live.  

In Gothenburg, it could have been the jet-lag and being exhausted from traveling, but when "Vultures" first chorus hit....  my body just went crazy, and got this super tight ecstasy feeling, all the muscles contracting from the power and glory, and I fucking started crying from sheer joy.  That song ended, and I shit you not, I had rivers of tears running down my face.  It was absolutely bonkers.  

Yeah they were on tour, with PG.Lost I would imagine.  not sure, Paul didn't say specifically who he was on tour with.  

The shirts are cool, 100% cotton.  I bought the deer one at the show.  The CD's came out great, too.  It's so weird listening to this stuff on record now though because Vultures and Terrain and Jura are SO many magnitudes more amazing live than the studio versions.  The studio versions almost sound sterile and lifeless to me in a way.  Their live sound is just untoppable.  Utterly perfect, so much energy, and the dynamics of the songs really come through so much more on stage.  Oddly enough, "Still Alright" keeps its feeling on record the way it does live.  It's almost too slow live, in a way, when you've been hit with tracks like Jura and Vultures right before it.  But it builds very beautifully.  

What's really weird though is that you don't get the full epic uplifting experience from the chorus in Vultures the way you do live.  It's just so much heavier and more intense...  first, when Kristian is hitting that "dun....  dun dun dun" bass rhythm, and then when he's singing into his mic for the chorus and the guitars are rumbling and the bass is swallowing you whole...  and then they modulate to a major key resolution, ugh.  I can't wait to see those guys again.  You guys really have no idea how fucking incredible that song is live.  

In Gothenburg, it could have been the jet-lag and being exhausted from traveling, but when "Vultures" first chorus hit....  my body just went crazy, and got this super tight ecstasy feeling, all the muscles contracting from the power and glory, and I fucking started crying from sheer joy.  That song ended, and I shit you not, I had rivers of tears running down my face.  It was absolutely bonkers.  

17 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

...In Gothenburg, it could have been the jet-lag and being exhausted from traveling, but when "Vultures" first chorus hit....  my body just went crazy, and got this super tight ecstasy feeling, all the muscles contracting from the power and glory, and I fucking started crying from sheer joy.  That song ended, and I shit you not, I had rivers of tears running down my face.  It was absolutely bonkers.  

Man, I feel you on that one. I saw them on CoL's Beyond The Redshift all-dayer a couple of years back. I got really sick the day before but dragged myself down to London as I'd gotten a hotel. Typically pg.lost were the first band of the day, so I didn't really get much of a lie-in either! I shambled my way over to the venue just in time, and had a pretty similar reaction to Vultures when it kicked in. And then they played 'Yes I Am', and oh boy. 

Oh mannnnn you got to see Yes I Am!?!?!  I'm super jealous.  Granted, I got 2 new songs.... but Yes I Am is one of their greatest.  They told me they're going to keep that song in rotation, but they bumped it for the stuff from the new album plus Key and In Never Out, presumably for the latter two because of the recent represses.  

49 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Oh mannnnn you got to see Yes I Am!?!?!  I'm super jealous.  Granted, I got 2 new songs.... but Yes I Am is one of their greatest.  They told me they're going to keep that song in rotation, but they bumped it for the stuff from the new album plus Key and In Never Out, presumably for the latter two because of the recent represses.  

Makes sense! I'm jealous of hearing newness, so let's call it quits ;)

What were the new songs like?

They were heavy and driving, one of them is called "New Terrain" because it has a similar grungey distorted bass riff to open the song.  The other one called Kan Du Sluta (Can you Stop) starts off with some Caspian-esque electronic drums before doing other stuff...  I don't remember them too well at this point, honestly.  They were both great, though, and built up to big crescendos.  Both of them were more on the rocking heavier side of their material, that's for sure.  

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

They were heavy and driving, one of them is called "New Terrain" because it has a similar grungey distorted bass riff to open the song.  The other one called Kan Du Sluta (Can you Stop) starts off with some Caspian-esque electronic drums before doing other stuff...  I don't remember them too well at this point, honestly.  They were both great, though, and built up to big crescendos.  Both of them were more on the rocking heavier side of their material, that's for sure.  

The best part of Key I found to be the more driving bits, so this has me excited. Thanks!