Currently Reading:

I've been trying to get through Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I'm just lazy so its taken way too long. I just haven't the attention span to read for hours right now. I need a vacation.

same thing happened to me when I tried to read that book. I think I got about 300 pages in and had to put it down.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest conoley

I'm reading James Frey's new book Bright Shiny Morning. It's really, really good. He emerges as a kind of Tom Wolfe, Jack Kerouac cross. If you liked his other books, you'll like this one. If you didn't like his other books but like Tom Wolfe's epics, you'll like this one.

i'm reading both foreign book which already transalated in thai.

don quixote de la mancha : a 400+ years spainish novel.so many ancient words and a lot of poet but the story of this one is so modern.

freakonomics : some data look so weird but it's too and maybe divert your old knowledge

i think i will finish don quixote in 2-3 days and just started reading freakonomics on 2 weeks ago....

• 3 weeks later...

i just finished "get in the van" by henry rollins. amazing. i'm halfway through "scar tissue" by anthony keidis and i also am selectively working my way through the 2000 and 2001 "da capo best music writing" collections.

in the non-music arena, "reefer madness" by eric schlosser and "the secret man: the story of watergate's deep throat" by bob woodward.

i should cut back to reading one thing at a time, but i just can't seem to do it.

Recently finished "Out of the Silent Planet" by CS Lewis, and now I'm moving on to "Perelandra".

this is my favorite set of books. be prepared if you take on that hideous strength, it takes far longer than the first two combined.

i just finished the amazing adventures of kavalier and clay, well worth the length. started the confession of max tivoli today, good enough so far.