PO: Green Day - Revolution Radio

On 8/22/2016 at 11:33 AM, combatchuckaa said:

Just curious what you're referring to when you say "American Idiot (Remastered)"?  Vinyl remaster or digital remaster?

The HDTracks remaster done by Ted Jensen. There's a 2015 repress on 180g pressed at Pallas that is remastered, it's the same mastering (as well as the 2013 RP). I know it sounds better than the OG pressing, but I haven't bought it (the OG) to compare yet as I don't spin it enough to justify spending another $30. So when I feel in the mood to listen to AI it's the HDTracks 24bit 192khz. The DR goes from about a 5 on the OG mastering to a 10; huge difference. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, probably. I'm hoping DC pre sale goes up at some point before general sale. 930 club is 2500 people.

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1309999/

Email from fan club said presale will be tomorrow for DC like the others.

Edited by marc32137

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

There's no pre-sale up yet for it is what I'm saying.

It should show a fan club one like this does: http://concerts.livenation.com/event/0200511FBA5146EE

Yeah, it'll most likely update in the morning. I've never done a presale on Ticketfly, but the fan club email included that link so I can't imagine the presale happening elsewhere.

1 minute ago, marc32137 said:

Yeah, it'll most likely update in the morning. I've never done a presale on Ticketfly, but the fan club email included that link so I can't imagine the presale happening elsewhere.

That's what I'm hoping happens. The venue says the band is handling the pre sale. I need to go to the bank tomorrow morning to deposit cash at 9am which is when the pre sale is. Then quickly buy the tickets on mobile. Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

That's what I'm hoping happens. The venue says the band is handling the pre sale. I need to go to the bank tomorrow morning to deposit cash at 9am which is when the pre sale is. Then quickly buy the tickets on mobile. Fingers crossed.

Oof, good luck. Have you thought about using the cash to get a pre-paid credit card/Visa gift card and using that instead? You can run to Walgreens or something tonight for that and register it for online purchases ahead of time.

14 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Oof, good luck. Have you thought about using the cash to get a pre-paid credit card/Visa gift card and using that instead? You can run to Walgreens or something tonight for that and register it for online purchases ahead of time.

Oh shit. I didn't even think about that; forgot those even exist. I might have to drive into town and get one. Thanks for the idea, bud.

On 22.08.2016 at 7:56 PM, Dave Grohl said:

The HDTracks remaster done by Ted Jensen. There's a 2015 repress on 180g pressed at Pallas that is remastered, but I'm not sure if it's the same mastering. I know it sounds better than the OG pressing, but I haven't bought it to compare yet as I don't spin it enough to justify spending another $30. So when I feel in the mood to listen to AI it's the HDTracks 24bit 192khz. The DR goes from about a 5 on the OG mastering to a 10; huge difference. 

Discogs says, that 2013 hottopic repress has the same 1/2 speed mastering. Is that true?