Record Stores in Manhattan

2 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Visiting there this weekend, any good recommendations? Looking for obscure vinyl from the 80's to current, Rock and alternative, for the most part. Walking distance in Chelsea would be ideal, but will make the trip outside of that area if anything is really recommended. 

Anything good that's left is in Brooklyn. You can hit five or so good shops all within a few blocks in Greenpoint. 

Take the E to the G. It'll take you 30 minutes. 

Go to Record Grouch for sure. 

Three pretty good manhattan stores not yet mentioned are Good Records on east 5th st, Academy on east 12th st and Westsider way west on 72nd st and broadway. None really close to your location but uber works well in NYC. There are others, but I gotta save some for locals only. ;)

5 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

make sure you hit up Xi'an Noodles in Greenpoint.

trust me on this.

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm looking to hit as much food there that I just cant get in Portland. For as good as this food scene is (and I would argue top 3 in the country) Chinese is woefully lacking...

Just now, skycriesmary said:

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm looking to hit as much food there that I just cant get in Portland. For as good as this food scene is (and I would argue top 3 in the country) Chinese is woefully lacking...

xi'an is a great spot.  

also, in the hood,  there's a new jewish deli called Frankel's .  it's co owned by El P from Run the Jewels (and CoFlow) fame.

I saw people mention the donut spot.  .  also check out St Vitus for a show.  it's the best metal venue I've ever been to.  

http://www.saintvitusbar.com/

17 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

I mean if I were you...

I would do Coop 87 then Academy on Oak then walk to Captured Tracks.

then Grouch (I don't love that place but people on this board obvs do)

then do Xian.  or maybe Start with Frankels then records then Xian.

then donuts!!

ha

29 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

xi'an is a great spot.  

also, in the hood,  there's a new jewish deli called Frankel's .  it's co owned by El P from Run the Jewels (and CoFlow) fame.

I saw people mention the donut spot.  .  also check out St Vitus for a show.  it's the best metal venue I've ever been to.  

http://www.saintvitusbar.com/

Yeah, I would love to hit up a Jewish deli or three...