PO Now: Czarface - A Fistful of Peril

Czarface has a new album coming out. I know there were a couple folks excited about the last one, so I figured I'd post up here.

http://getondown.com/index.php

https://www.amazon.com/Fistful-Peril-CZARFACE/dp/B01MAT7ZIU/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1477023069&sr=1-1&keywords=czarface

Top of the store above, bundles available or just vinyl or just cd. Looks like black vinyl only this round.

Stoked.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

I'm actually really bummed about the variant cover only being available in the bundle. Their other two albums have the comic book style covers (price, issue number), so to get that this time I have to buy a bunch of shit I don't want? boo.

I'm actually really bummed about the variant cover only being available in the bundle. Their other two albums have the comic book style covers, so to get that this time I have to buy a bunch of shit I don't want? boo.

1 hour ago, hype said:

I like the variant cover much more so will probably just wait it out a bit and hope they release it in the future by itself.. thanks for the heads up on this though!

I'm in the same boat. I really want to support these dudes and I dig their music, but I'll wait it out.

On 10/1/2016 at 1:10 PM, jeromium said:

Sweet, I really love their first two albums. I agree the bundle cover is better. I don't own much hip-hop on vinyl since it's not what I typically play around the house, but excited for it none the less.

I've been trying to expand my hip-hop collection a little bit by picking up a few classic albums when I see them for good prices and grabbing good new stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

18 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Got mine today, still really bummed about that cover though. Will listen soon.

They should have used the comic book cover for the standard release - being consistent with the previous 2 albums - and the different style one for the limited edition/bundle/whatever. I think people would have been more stoked for the different style if it was part of the limited/color version. Because psychology.

23 minutes ago, jeromium said:

They should have used the comic book cover for the standard release - being consistent with the previous 2 albums - and the different style one for the limited edition/bundle/whatever. I think people would have been more stoked for the different style if it was part of the limited/color version. Because psychology.

Agree 100%

I noticed something interesting about the Newbury press.

Me and my friend each purchased a copy, and both received a bright red translucent vinyl copy. They both sounded nice, but mine had a skip on the B-side, so I exchanged it at my Newbury Comics (they were super cool about it)

I was surprised to see when I got home that my new copy is on opaque red wax with some subtle dark marbling. The labels and audio qualities sound identical, but I found that pretty strange.

I wonder what the ratio between translucent / opaque is.