THE FEST 7

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball
and also, what free stuff do you guys want from i heart u at fest?

-shirts

-foam fingers

-key chains

-koozies

-buttons

-stickers

anything else??

I can tell you I DO NOT want another two OP!! > BTMI! t-shirts.

Seriously, who hands someone a second copy of the shirt they're already wearing?! Haha. :D

Does someone here with exhorbitant amounts of cash want to sponsor my trip?

seriously, you are just gonna go, and bitch about how everyone is having a good time, but the one band you went to see were mind blowing, and everyone else sucks.

quit jumping on the band wagon.

As soon as you quit being an asshole. Fuck me for wanting to take a trip to see some bands (how many of said bands I like is irrelevant) and hang out with good people, right?

ITT: ericheartsu still bitter because ronniethebear didn't want to play bass in his band.

seriously, you are just gonna go, and bitch about how everyone is having a good time, but the one band you went to see were mind blowing, and everyone else sucks.

quit jumping on the band wagon.

As soon as you quit being an asshole. Fuck me for wanting to take a trip to see some bands (how many of said bands I like is irrelevant) and hang out with good people, right?

ITT: ericheartsu still bitter because ronniethebear didn't want to play bass in his band.

thinking you are a whiny dick has nothing to do with you not wanting to join my band.

thinking you are a whiny dick because you jump on the bandwagon about stuff on the board has everything to do with it.

I don't want to reveal any confirmations, but I can tell you who Tony asked but were unavailable:

Hot Water Music

Lucero

The Weakerthans

Avail

The Thermals

There were more names he told me but I can't remember 'em; those were some of the bigger ones, though.

He also told me that he asked Hard Skin to play but they couldn't this year, so they confirmed for Fest 8 instead. Make your reservations now: Oct. 30-Nov. 1, 2009!

Fuck, if only I didn't live on the other side of the continent!

Dude i live in Vancouver and i flew to the Fest last year and it was so worth it!

I can't wait to see who's playing this time around. I'm hoping that since Sludgeworth, All, Weston, Big Drill Car and Sweet Baby are doing reunion shows that maybe some of them will play the Fest.

are all the venues in a sort of central location? Like within walking distance. My girlfriend and I are thinking about flying down. . .

Most of them are within a few blocks, with a few within a block of each other (Common Grounds, the Sidebar, Market Street Pub). Last year, the only real hikes were to the acoustic show (which was, like, 15 blocks away or something -- we drove to it), and from 1982 to the rest of the venues. 1982 is really close to the Holiday Inn (the official Fest hotel) but is about 6-8 blocks from everything else. You'll end up walking it on Friday, then driving it on Saturday and Sunday because you're lazy. (At least that's what I've done the past three years.)

are all the venues in a sort of central location? Like within walking distance. My girlfriend and I are thinking about flying down. . .

Most of them are within a few blocks, with a few within a block of each other (Common Grounds, the Sidebar, Market Street Pub). Last year, the only real hikes were to the acoustic show (which was, like, 15 blocks away or something -- we drove to it), and from 1982 to the rest of the venues. 1982 is really close to the Holiday Inn (the official Fest hotel) but is about 6-8 blocks from everything else. You'll end up walking it on Friday, then driving it on Saturday and Sunday because you're lazy. (At least that's what I've done the past three years.)

Awesome, thanks for the info scott. If we make it down hopefully I can get by with out a rental and I'll make sure to bring our cruiser and longboards!

I don't want to reveal any confirmations, but I can tell you who Tony asked but were unavailable:

Hot Water Music

Lucero

The Weakerthans

Avail

The Thermals

There were more names he told me but I can't remember 'em; those were some of the bigger ones, though.

He also told me that he asked Hard Skin to play but they couldn't this year, so they confirmed for Fest 8 instead. Make your reservations now: Oct. 30-Nov. 1, 2009!

i'm ok not seeing any of those bands.. but if you know of some confirmations, cough them up!