THE FEST 7

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The distance is really something I noticed the first day. After that it became fairly routine. I was at the Holiday Inn and had no issue walking to any of the shows. It was a bit of a pain lugging it to 1982 if there was a band there I wanted to see right after a band at Common Grounds or the Atlantic but it wasn't awful. Of course, Saturday night I was drunk jogging from the Holiday Inn to Common Grounds to give my buddy his keys. Made it in like under 5 minutes.

The key is that the map No Idea gives you is NOT TO SCALE.

Guest genericinsight

There's a bike shop on University Ave across the street from The Venue. If the walks bother you that much, I suggest renting a bike.

Guest genericinsight

I'm checking.... hotelguides.us says No dates available for the Holiday Inn.

Fuck, its sold out already? Goddamn. I'm going to call and make sure but goddamn...

Fuck, its sold out already? Goddamn. I'm going to call and make sure but goddamn...

From my understanding the Hotel is all used by The Fest this year. Last year hotel reservations went up with ticket sales. You bought them both from No Idea and at a lower prices than from the Holiday Inn (I made a side reservation just to be sure).

So it might be that they're doing no reservations other than through No Idea.

Guest genericinsight

From my understanding the Hotel is all used by The Fest this year. Last year hotel reservations went up with ticket sales. You bought them both from No Idea and at a lower prices than from the Holiday Inn (I made a side reservation just to be sure).

So it might be that they're doing no reservations other than through No Idea.

Oh I see, nevermind then! I'll just wait until tickets go on sale.

Fuck, if only I didn't live on the other side of the continent!

Why is that stopping you? I met a few people that flew in from England for last year's Fest!

Okay, I wish I had the money to afford the trip, or the time available to take off work to go. Next year is a strong possibility though!

The Fest has a large number of rooms reserved for the weekend at a reduced rate, which is why nothing comes up when you search. They reserved it as soon as Fest 6 ended.

Guest genericinsight
wait...people go do fest and dont drink?

weird.

I did that last year and it worked out pretty well!

and Scott, thanks for the info, makes sense.

The Fest has a large number of rooms reserved for the weekend at a reduced rate, which is why nothing comes up when you search. They reserved it as soon as Fest 6 ended.

i'm blown away the Holiday Inn is allowing Festers to stay there..I mean after the pool party...USA chants at 4am, and, I dont know, the general carnage that was there. I remember walking through their on Sunday and it was a wreck.

weird.

ask scott... he's pretty much sober the whole fest and only drunk and high on life...i think.

While i'm not completely straigt edge or antyhing i don't drink that much in general. and as of a month ago, i'm offically a non-smoker..hopefully it keeps going. i finally decided to quit since my alergies, plus my insomnia, my body's immune system is pretty low and the smoking wasn't working. so i decided to quit...

i'm blown away the Holiday Inn is allowing Festers to stay there..I mean after the pool party...USA chants at 4am, and, I dont know, the general carnage that was there. I remember walking through their on Sunday and it was a wreck.

All the shenanigans that went down last year were their fault, and so when we went back to talk to them about it they were just like "yeah, we fucked up, you guys are cool, let's do it all over again and do it right this year." So yeah, it's on.

All the shenanigans that went down last year were their fault, and so when we went back to talk to them about it they were just like "yeah, we fucked up, you guys are cool, let's do it all over again and do it right this year." So yeah, it's on.

Is this Tony?

weird.

ask scott... he's pretty much sober the whole fest and only drunk and high on life...i think.

While i'm not completely straigt edge or antyhing i don't drink that much in general. and as of a month ago, i'm offically a non-smoker..hopefully it keeps going. i finally decided to quit since my alergies, plus my insomnia, my body's immune system is pretty low and the smoking wasn't working. so i decided to quit...

yeah, i was just joking.

i've actually never been to a show drunk before, so we'll see if its even that fun for me in a few weeks.

congrats on quitting though. i've done it at least 10 times. longest i lasted was about 5 months or so. but then getting laid off killed it for me.

Is this Tony?

nah thats cam, like fest 2nd in command.