THE FEST 7

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm blown away the Holiday Inn is allowing Festers to stay there..I mean after the pool party...USA chants at 4am, and, I dont know, the general carnage that was there. I remember walking through their on Sunday and it was a wreck.

All the shenanigans that went down last year were their fault, and so when we went back to talk to them about it they were just like "yeah, we fucked up, you guys are cool, let's do it all over again and do it right this year." So yeah, it's on.

didn't they run out of towels on friday?

i would consider that their fault!

my crew made friends with a manager, we weren't even staying there, and totally got free/cheap drinks from that tiny bar set up in the main entrance.

personal suggestion:

wanna party, stay at this hotel!

wanna sleep and party, stay some where else and then visit this place to party!

Ok, so I was doing some math and for those who are not sure how much money they should save this is what they should expect.

Last year I spent roughly $600+ on the Fest. That included my flight, my hotel, car rental, food, records, t-shirts, and tons of booze.

The flight was $225 and the hotel cost me $140 a night ($565/4).

I really don't get the "If you want to sleep go somewhere else" bit. I stayed at the Holiday Inn and had no problems last year. I didn't go to bed at 10pm but when I got in after the shows I pretty much went up to my room and crashed. That wasn't to say that there wasn't more shit going on if you wanted to take part but it never was so loud at 4am I couldn't sleep.

Anyhow, I'm stoked on this. It should be a blast.

I stayed at the Rush Lake Motel last year to save money. It's a bit of a haul from the action, but it's cheap and quiet and there were quite a few kids/bands from the Fest staying there. The only draw back is the distance, the walk got really old after the first night. I'm going to stay closer this time but not at the Holiday Inn, there's just too much going on for me to deal with that shit. Plus it's pretty pricey.

I stayed at the Rush Lake Motel last year to save money. It's a bit of a haul from the action, but it's cheap and quiet and there were quite a few kids/bands from the Fest staying there. The only draw back is the distance, the walk got really old after the first night. I'm going to stay closer this time but not at the Holiday Inn, there's just too much going on for me to deal with that shit. Plus it's pretty pricey.

You mean the Rush Lake Motel and Nature Preserve? Wasn't there some chick trying to get dudes to swim in their underwear?

Guest genericinsight
I really don't get the "If you want to sleep go somewhere else" bit. I stayed at the Holiday Inn and had no problems last year. I didn't go to bed at 10pm but when I got in after the shows I pretty much went up to my room and crashed. That wasn't to say that there wasn't more shit going on if you wanted to take part but it never was so loud at 4am I couldn't sleep.

Anyhow, I'm stoked on this. It should be a blast.

I agree. I stayed at the Holiday Inn crashing on some folks' floor and none of them were major party people. First night I got in at 3am and everyone in my room was sleeping, I slept fine.

When I went to Bamboozle/Skate and Surf Fest in New Jersey years ago, two years I stayed at the "party hotel" and had a similar thing. Its really not as a big a deal as people think.