Jump to content
ethereal

[PO NOW] BROCKHAMPTON - Iridescence

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, MrMystery said:

might be an idea but if i remember correctly it was stated at the time that order would ship in december and sales were final...

Doesn't matter if they stated that or not - for someone to accept PayPal for a preorder payment it must ship within three weeks.

 

Policy: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-permit-transactions-for-pre-sale-items-faq1488

Every file I claim along these lines is immediately granted by PayPal because they clearly outline it like this.

Edited by lethalenforcer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Doesn't matter if they stated that or not - for someone to accept PayPal for a preorder payment it must ship within three weeks.

 

Policy: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-permit-transactions-for-pre-sale-items-faq1488

Every file I claim along these lines is immediately granted by PayPal because they clearly outline it like this.

Does that still apply after the 45 day deadline?

Also, just curious, why are people freaking out exactly? Minus the variant being the same as the indie retail, Brockhampton & co has more than enough funds to take care of this and has been shipping out orders. I don't really see that much of an issue haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an international customer I'm pissed, yeah. The $25/£20 I paid just for the shipping to the UK is how much it now costs to buy the exact same version from Amazon. With free shipping, quicker delivery, no customs fees, etc.

I normally don't mind paying more and supporting an artist directly (and if it was a separate/webstore variant I'd have no problem at all) but when the vinyl is put up for sale on your site with other '24 hour only' merch that's already sold out and is the only place to get it at the time - giving it the perception of being limited - yet it turns out Amazon/virtually every music retailer are stocking the exact same pressing at a fraction of the price with significantly great convenience, it's pretty annoying. I haven't even got a shipping notification.

Edited by The Taint Tickler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, corey. said:

Does that still apply after the 45 day deadline?

Also, just curious, why are people freaking out exactly? Minus the variant being the same as the indie retail, Brockhampton & co has more than enough funds to take care of this and has been shipping out orders. I don't really see that much of an issue haha

It's a much longer window now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The Taint Tickler said:

As an international customer I'm pissed, yeah. The $25/£20 I paid just for the shipping to the UK is how much it now costs to buy the exact same version from Amazon. With free shipping, quicker delivery, no customs fees, etc.

I normally don't mind paying more and supporting an artist directly (and if it was a separate/webstore variant I'd have no problem at all) but when the vinyl is put up for sale on your site with other '24 hour only' merch that's already sold out and is the only place to get it at the time - giving it the perception of being limited - yet it turns out Amazon/virtually every music retailer are stocking the exact same pressing at a fraction of the price with significantly great convenience, it's pretty annoying. I haven't even got a shipping notification.

I guess I can see how it's annoying being from the UK, but are you sure that Amazon has the clear variant?

If it makes anyone feel better it sounds good and looks nice haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Taint Tickler said:

As an international customer I'm pissed, yeah. The $25/£20 I paid just for the shipping to the UK is how much it now costs to buy the exact same version from Amazon. With free shipping, quicker delivery, no customs fees, etc.

I normally don't mind paying more and supporting an artist directly (and if it was a separate/webstore variant I'd have no problem at all) but when the vinyl is put up for sale on your site with other '24 hour only' merch that's already sold out and is the only place to get it at the time - giving it the perception of being limited - yet it turns out Amazon/virtually every music retailer are stocking the exact same pressing at a fraction of the price with significantly great convenience, it's pretty annoying. I haven't even got a shipping notification.

i m on the same boat. And their customer service isn t very friendly and helping...

paypal dispute on going...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrMystery said:

i m on the same boat. And their customer service isn t very friendly and helping...

paypal dispute on going...

Yeah I opened a PayPal dispute yesterday, quoting not even getting so much as a shipping notification, and funnily enough I got a dispatch note this morning.. If it makes it through customs alright I'll just accept it but if there's a customs fee I'm gonna let it sit there and be returned to sender.

 

9 hours ago, corey. said:

I guess I can see how it's annoying being from the UK, but are you sure that Amazon has the clear variant?

If it makes anyone feel better it sounds good and looks nice haha.

Yeah some folk have bought it from Amazon and posted pictures. General consensus is the only pressing is clear, no black or any other variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, to be completely honest I'm a little peeved and it only ends up being ~$8 difference.

 

I feel a little misled about the availability of the release and probably would have held off on ordering had I known it was more than a 24-hour PO window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Yeah, to be completely honest I'm a little peeved and it only ends up being ~$8 difference.

 

I feel a little misled about the availability of the release and probably would have held off on ordering had I known it was more than a 24-hour PO window.

Yeah I mean all these POs that we're led to believe won't be in stores that end up in stores adds up with the shipping charges.

 

I'm just worried my copy is gonna be all fucked up, its been in transit since December 10th and it is out for delivery today. I don't have much faith in careful package handling this time of year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lugubrious said:

I don't understand why they didn't just make clear vinyl exclusive to their website and have bigger retailers offer it on black vinyl. 

I think that's what we all thought was happening.

 

Mine shipped so I'm not going to do a PayPal dispute or anything. But best believe if it arrives damaged I'll be getting money back or a replacement at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MrMystery said:

F****

Just got shipping confirmation though i did paypal dispute yesterday

Yeah I got my shipping notice yesterday morning after opening the case yet woke up to an email this morning saying they accepted my case for a full refund so don’t give up.

Edited by The Taint Tickler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Yeah I got my shipping notice yesterday morning after opening the case yet woke up to an email this morning saying they accepted my case for a full refund so don’t give up.

 

14 hours ago, MrMystery said:

Same here. All's well that ends well.

So ya'll are gonna get a refund and a copy shipped to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Told em right away i was doin paypal dispute and that they shouldn t send it.

However they did next day....

 

Moreover DHL can t deliver in my mailbox (too Small). Needs to get it in person. So I won t take it and shall be returned to sender I guess...

 

 

Edited by MrMystery
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, corey. said:

 

So ya'll are gonna get a refund and a copy shipped to you?

 

2 hours ago, MrMystery said:

Told em right away i was doin paypal dispute and that they shouldn t send it.

However they did next day....

 

Moreover DHL can t deliver in my mailbox (too Small). Needs to get it in person. So I won t take it and shall be returned to sender I guess...

  

 

Yeah same. It's probably gonna get caught up in customs so I plan to just let it rot there and let them return it to sender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×