Tim Barry live Ms. Kieslers 2nd Grade Class [mp3s]

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Tim Barry and Josh Small were recently invited to play Mary Munford Elementary, for Ms. Kieslers’ 2nd Grade Class. They not only played 3 songs which included 2 Woodie Guthrie renditions, but they also did a Munford Style version of “Shoulda Oughtta”. Their buddy, Dave Watkins, recorded the entire thing and the songs are available in mp3 format. I highly recommend everyone take a listen, the recording sounds great and the songs are so much fun with the backing gang vocals of the 2nd grade. After listening to the songs, I had the idea of asking Tim to let us put this out as a 7″. Tim and Josh could pose with the 2nd grade for the cover art. Let me know what you think.

Tim Barry live at Mary Munford Elementary School

June 10, 2008 - Ms. Kieslers 2nd Grade Class

“Hey Lolly (by Woody Guthrie)” (download mp3)

http://availavail.com/timbarry/mp3/1.mp3

“This Land.. (By Woody Guthrie)” (download mp3)

http://availavail.com/timbarry/mp3/2.mp3

” Shoulda Oughta - Munford Style (Tim Barry)” (download mp3)

http://availavail.com/timbarry/mp3/3.mp3

hahaha this is why this guy rules.

at fest i was walking down the street and saw a guy on bike ride straight into a van with trailer. Since it was fest time i knew it was a band that the guy had ran into. I see Tim get out of the van help the guy on the bike up pull his bike from under the trailer. I sat and watched for about 15 minutes while all this happend. Later that night i asked tim about it and he said "If that kid would of been seriously injuried, Avail would not of played tonight..... i would of went home"

Guest Admin

I just emailed tim, will let you know what he says. Maybe we will have it out in time for the Revival tour with Chuck Ragan and Ben Nichols. Speaking of, I am working on a repress of "Laurel St Demos" which we should have by the end of July. I will post a pre-order soon.

Guest Admin
you should never hesitate about putting out vinyl, JUST DO IT!

it isn't my hesitation, but rather Tim not being sure about it. I forwarded him a link to this thread and hope that the reaction to this will help sway him.

If Tim does read this:

Tim, you need to realize 7" records are the way of the future, just ask O' Pioneers!!!. Seriously though, kids have been clamoring for more Tim Barry music since 10 minutes after the last album they got (could have been either one depending on when they started listening). Sure a few live songs isn't entirely new music but it's enough. Besides if you don't sell 500 of these things in a month, I'll personally buy every remaining copy to make total sales 500.

That's the truth.