Hypothetical Exclusive Vinyl Partner Question

Guest admin1338560633

Let's say that in this hypothetical situation, I have worked out an exclusive arrangement where we would be able to release every single album on vinyl for this label. For the purpose of this argument, let's give the label a hypothetical name, i don't know, let's call them Ferret. Hypothetically speaking, if I were to have arranged an exclusive deal with Ferret, what releases would you suggest we start out with that hasn't already come out on vinyl.

I have some ideas, but I would like your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to help me work out this hypothetical scenario.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY JESUS! this is exciting.

a life once lost - hunter

blood has been shed - novella of uriel

blood has been shed - spirals

misery signals - mirrors

scarlet - BOX SET PLEASE!!!!!

killswitch engage - self titled

skycamefalling - 10.21

bam margera's - viva la bands II [for burning purposes only]

ew, god please dont put out anything heavy heavy low low ever, hypothetically speaking of course. why are people suggesting albums that have alreayd been released on vinyl (ie first Misery Signals, ETID...)?

I vote:

Boys Night Out "Trainwreck" (or any of them)

Rememering Never "Woman and Children..."

For the Love Of "Feasting On The Will Of Humanity" (so br00tal)

Well, maybe that's why licensing the Boys Night Out LPs to Forge Again/One Day Savior wasn't "in the best interest of the catalog." Although I'd really rather not see these records on 10 different splatter/half and half/etc. vinyl color configurations, I suppose I'd be happy if they just came out at all. I had some pretty cool ideas for how to do the records. Any chance of a sub-license?

On the plus side, this could save me many thousands of dollars and many hours of time.

I don't own any Ferret releases at all except for the Boys Night Out stuff, the first Misery Signals record that they gave me when I was on tour with them, and the first Suicide Note full length. The Boys Night Out LPs are really the only releases of theirs I would ever listen to.

I would buy no questions asked

Blood Has Been Shed - Spirals

From Autumn to Ashes - Too Bad You're Beautiful

Misery Signals - Mirrors

Remembering Never - Women and Children (make this a black w/ blood splatter and i'll buy two)

Scarlet boxset (no picture discs. blood red for This Was always ment, gold for cult classic, burnt clear for something to lust about)

Banner - Each Breath Haunted

Suicide Note - Too Sick to Dance

Zao - Funeral of God

Zao - The Fear is What Keeps Us Here

dont mean to offend whoever mentioned it but for the love of god... do not waste your time with releasing heavy heavy low low on vinyl. please.

my suggestions...

from autumn to ashes - too bad youre beautiful

misery signals - mirrors

blood has been shed - anything

boys night out - trainwreck

killswitch engage - self titled

scarlet - cult classic

and i cant believe nobody mentioned ZAO!?

zao - the funeral of god

zao - the fear is what keeps us here

too be truthful, im not too hot on a lot of their current releases. stick with the back catalog because thats where the gems are.

edit: i see someone already mentioned zao. also, way stoked on the fact that PTW - versions will be seeing the light of day.

also, im pretty sure FFAF - casually dressed... was released on vinyl. maybe as an import. i dunno.