iPhone 3G

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest conoley
aren't the cheap data rates in canada only available until august 31st?

Yeah. I'll either get one before then, or wait much longer until they have a similar or better offer.

when the hell did the second generation come out?

The newest one comes out today and the rates are a total rip off. You can't even buy it in the store without activating it there now, and also you can't order it online. Anybody trying to get one, I would recommend waiting since the activation nonsense is going to be kinda insane.

Still holding out for android...

Why is that? I thought Android is supposed be an open-source platform, so developers can write programs and applications? Isn't that the same deal with the new iPhone applications?

I also heard that if you write anything for the iphone software wise, It's future will be at the mercy of Steve Jobs. Not that I think that's a bad thing per say, but it's a little worse then having someone just write software and putting it out for everyone without an approval process outside of development.

Why is that? I thought Android is supposed be an open-source platform, so developers can write programs and applications? Isn't that the same deal with the new iPhone applications?

It's being made by Google so it will infinitely better than the iPhone.

It's being made by Google so it will be in beta forever. Plus, the way iPhone hackers work, I'd give it 2 days between Android being released and being ported to the iPhone.