MLB Discussion

That is just so ridiculous, it doesnt even seem fair.

Apparently the gun at GABP was a little hot that night. I was watching the game on tv, and the Fox Sports - OH topped out at 105, and apparently at a game this week it showed Logan Ondrusek hitting 100. Either way, I was at the game tonight and Chapman hit 102 or 103 on the gun at the park. It's a lot of fun to get to watch him in person. Too bad our bats didn't show up tonight.

I'm not sure if anything has changed recently, but pitch speed stats are a joke. There is no standard method of recording pitch speeds. The people at the parks can do a couple things to speed them up or slow them down if they want to).

not yet.. still trying to figure out if i can be there for it or not. i got sox/yanks at fenways, and we're picking up mets/yanks at the stadium this week.

russell martin... best $4M the yanks ever spent.

He is doing great this year so far.

Too bad Soriano is sucking as a Yankee, I would have loved it if Kerry Wood stayed as a set-up man.

Weaver leads in wins (6-0), innings pitched (45.2), ERA (0.99 - no one above him in ERA has more than 14 innings pitched), and in Ks (49), and he's tied with Shields for most complete games (2) this season.

Now if the rest of the team was just half as good.

Yep...the last person to go 6-0 before May is Brandon Webb. I'm praying he gets back to full strength!!

Weaver is a freakin beast.

sox had a shitty april last year too. but they still brought it within like 1.5 games at the heart of the season. and then pedroia got hurt.

wear your hats.. wear em strong.

i don't know how many of you know this, but what i do for a living is sell autographed sports memorabilia. my company (Big Time Bats - www.bigtimebats.com) deals mostly with baseball and football stuff, but we do have the occasional NBA piece or even hockey every now and then. i've never posted about it on the message board because i don't want to come off as a spammer, but i think enough of you know me and trust me to understand that's not what i'm like.

anyway, today only we're having a 10% off sale on everything in our inventory. we've got everything from autographed balls to bats, pictures to jerseys. not just current players, but also older guys (like all the way back to Yogi Berra). if anybody is interested in hearing about some of the stuff we've got, PM me and i'll give you my number. if you look through our website, you won't be able to see the stuff that i can offer you in the Autograph Division. i only showed you the website to prove that it's a legit company with an A rating by the BBB.

so yeah, if anybody is interested, we've got stuff that costs anywhere from $199 ppd up to things that cost $17,000 (that piece is a Willie Mays game used bat from 1970 that has also been autographed, by the way). get in touch with me by the end of today and save 10% if you want, but this is my full time job so if you need a while to think about stuff, i'm not going anywhere.

i literally walked into my room and looked at my tv for the last out- having no idea it was even going on. so that was neat?

but how bout dem bosox? offense is FINALLY performing the way theyre supposed to. ellsbury keeps getting on base, pedroia keeps moving him to 2nd/3rd, and gonzo keeps driving him in. its perfect.

lester fans 11.

cant they just play the angels every week?

Al east look like almost anyone could take it at this point with the ups and down seemingly every team is having.

The yanks pitching staff has been about 100% better than expected, and posting the record they have with mediocre starts from Jeter, Posada, and Gardner is pretty impressive. The Sox will eventutally wake up... and i dont think the Rays/Jays/Orioles will outperform where they currently are