MLB Discussion

he did nothing but feed the monster every single time he came to fenway. he always killed us, so i hated him.

in signing him, i was worried that it would be a dumb fluke where he loses that stroke or something. but now my ice has more than thawed, and i'm stoked to have him.

victorino too. that guy is making some huge plays in right and is just covering a ton of field. 

Is middlebrooks doing that great?

not at all. he's batting below the mendoza line.

two great stats about felix that espn has dropped the past two days:

1) there are 29 games in which he gave up 1 run or less and didn't get the win

2) he's 92-24 when getting 2+ runs of support

absolutely incredible.

another reflection: espn stated last month that there has been one rookie pitcher in the running for cy young in each of the last four years. i was wondering who it would be this year for each league. matt harvey quickly popped to mind, but i think he no longer qualifies as a rookie.

one last reflection: damn it, heidi slutney, you're such a fox!

2) he's 92-24 when getting 2+ runs of support

It's interesting on the surface but how does this stack up against other elite pitchers? I don't expect you to do the research. Just saying, there might be other guys that if you put this "2+ runs of support" tag on their record looks equally good. Not sure.

Is middlebrooks doing that great?

he had the 3 homer game, and then slumped hard immediately after. but he's gotten a couple hits the last few games, and got every piece of one to hit a laser over the monster last night.

It's interesting on the surface but how does this stack up against other elite pitchers? I don't expect you to do the research. Just saying, there might be other guys that if you put this "2+ runs of support" tag on their record looks equally good. Not sure.

i did a haphazard counting of verlander's record in such situations. 129-44, or a .746 win %. felix's was .793. still pretty high but not quite as high. i guess the point they were trying to make is felix has lost a greater proportion of decisions because of an alleged lack of run support. two-thirds of verlander's losses had 2+ runs of support, whereas only 30% of felix's did. allegedly, though. i'm not going to look it up on my own again... my brain hurts.