MLB Discussion

is anyone buying into the buchholz cheating thing?

edit: awesome insight by hershiser here

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9239189

I love Hershiser's insight.  

That whole situation really was just an old quack from Toronto lashing out at the Sox after being swept.  Jays media are looking for anything to blame for them being last place in the East.  It's really sad.

Also if he keeps hitting line drives in that ballpark he is going to have some insane stats this year. Guy is awesome.

the craziest thing about it (to me) is that what he's doing is sustainable. his BAbip isn't absurd nor is his line drive rate, and even his walk rate isn't crazy higher compare to his career number. basically he's just hitting the shit out of the ball and legging everything out. i don't think the power is gonna but he's done 20 HR before so it's not out of the question.

Didn't they bring him straight up from Double A?  I can't stand when clubs do that to a pitcher.  That's how Toronto ruined Drybek.  There's too much of a gap between Double A hitters and major league hitters.  Pitchers need Triple A as a step before they got tossed in the fire.  Now you've got a guy who was having a great season lose all his confidence.

Didn't they bring him straight up from Double A?  I can't stand when clubs do that to a pitcher.  That's how Toronto ruined Drybek.  There's too much of a gap between Double A hitters and major league hitters.  Pitchers need Triple A as a step before they got tossed in the fire.  Now you've got a guy who was having a great season lose all his confidence.

The great players can do it fine. You gotta be thinking "this guy is a future All-Star" to do it, though.

He didn't jump completely. He had 4 starts in AAA this year and this was actually his second Major League start, he got a spot start last month and pitched alright. At any rate, it was only supposed to be a spot start and he is back to the minors. 

He looked pretty bad this time around. 

I knew this was his second major league start, I wasn't aware that he had pitched in triple a though.  I read that they brought him straight up from double.

But yeah that was not a good start, especially against a team that had been struggling offensively.  Could have been worse though, they could have had Rickey Romero on the mound.

I knew this was his second major league start, I wasn't aware that he had pitched in triple a though.  I read that they brought him straight up from double.

But yeah that was not a good start, especially against a team that had been struggling offensively.  Could have been worse though, they could have had Rickey Romero on the mound.

Romeros career is all; better, better, better, dog poo.

10th in Cy Young in 2011