MLB Discussion

JV1 got drilled yesterday. JV being JV

He has had a lot of cold weather starts, which takes an MPH or two off the fastball. The 1.2 whip is a little concerning. But I'm not getting too worried that he isn't the same old horse for another month once the weather warms up. The 1.9 ERA is JV being JV.

^ I think you refering to Jon Neise the pitcher. I am a little worried especially considering his walk and strikeout rate. I think he should be re-examined...he might be pitching through an injury.

JV1 is actually the enigma known as Jordany Valdespin. Great athlete, Manny Ramirez attitude even though he is not on the same level. Hes been rubbing people the wrong way for a while. Especially with this:

Jordany-Valdespin-bat-flip-Mets.gif

Not the best gif but it does the trick. The Mets were down 7-1 when he hit that. Granted he hit it out of sight. Then he allegedly peered into the Pirates dugout while rounding third. He got drilled the next day, and was pissed no one stood up for him.

meanwhile in LA, EAT IT DOYERS! love, jordan zimmermann.

also, i know people like alex gordon, but the dude is 5th in XBH since 2011 of ALL PLAYERS, and he leads the mlb in multi-hit games this year. i really hope he sticks in the 3-hole because it's truly the only sensible place to bat him given the royals lineup. and cain should be batting 1st or 2nd (or 5th i guess)... but certainly not 6th with the way he's hitting and getting on base.

aoki/segura with 5 SB tonight.  i love when the brewers play the pirates

+1 SB from gomez. and look at estrada deciding to care again. i might pick him back up if he has put his fiascoes behind him

Thinking I just want to trade Hamilton and be done with him. What should I go after in a 1 for 1 trade? I don't even know anymore. 5x5 root standard yahoo setup.

what do you need? are you going straight up for another outfielder? 

what do you need? are you going straight up for another outfielder? 

I can balance the team needs part of it. I'm just looking at a value check. So in a 1-1 for say, an OF or a SP or an IF, what should I look to get.

I have some ideas but I don't want to guide the discussion. Looking for objective opinion on basically if we drafted today, about what round would he go?

I can balance the team needs part of it. I'm just looking at a value check. So in a 1-1 for say, an OF or a SP or an IF, what should I look to get.

I have some ideas but I don't want to guide the discussion. Looking for objective opinion on basically if we drafted today, about what round would he go?

if we were to redraft today I wouldnt get him untill the 9th or so. he has fallen big time.

Sent Hamilton packing for cole hamels. Didn't really need another starter (already rolling with Harvey, Zimmerman, Cobb, Cain) but I had been sitting Hamilton anyways so Hamels helps more. Will look for follow up trade or just not pitch guys against tough offenses except Harvey, who I would throw against the AL all stars.

Looking at Dunn recently just makes me think that it is better to take what I can get on Hamilton. Who knows what will happen, but that seems to be a similar drop off that never righted itself.

indlir.gif

holy shit

Nice. Reminds me how zumaya could throw 101 but couldn't toss it to first with a guy walking the baseline. Those guys muscles just aren't adapted to slowing down sometimes I guess.

There's a pretty funny video of manny sliding recently in Japan that can probably be found with a few keywords in YouTube.