MLB Discussion

3 of the worst title winning teams in baseball history.

If I was a Giants fan I sure wouldn't care. 3 titles is 3 titles. But for some reason God has smiled upon that franchise for those teams to win it all.

You're right, I don't give a damn if the Giants weren't the best team to win in any of those 3 years. I'd much rather luck into a championship (or 3) than lose with a superior team. 

I believe Aaron Harang had more quality starts last year than Clayton Kershaw.

I'm sure Kershaw's time on the DL was part of it, but still a bit eye-opening.

Eh, Kershaw had quality starts in 89% of his starts.  Harang had quality starts in 76% of his starts.  Adam Wainwright only had QS in 78% of his starts.  

Eh, Kershaw had quality starts in 89% of his starts.  Harang had quality starts in 76% of his starts.  Adam Wainwright only had QS in 78% of his starts.  

it's posts like these that make me cringe when i come into this thread

Oh come one, baseball is a game of nerdy, nerdy statistics.  

My fantasy league uses Quality Starts instead of Wins so I've familiarized myself with the stats from last year.  

to me it wasn't that stats that were cringe worthy....it was that you said Waino had ONLY 78% QS........78% is a damn good percentage.

to me it wasn't that stats that were cringe worthy....it was that you said Waino had ONLY 78% QS........78% is a damn good percentage.

78% is a good percent.  I wasn't trying to say that it isn't.  I brought up "Waino" because he's a top 10 starting pitcher in baseball and he was the closest comparison to what Harang had and it was to show how ridiculously dominant Kershaw is.  Also how surprisingly good Harang was.  I love the quality start stat because it's the perfect measure of if your pitcher can keep you in games, which Harang did really well last year.

Bumgarner had a pretty terrible QS % last year.  He was getting QS in less the 2/3rds of his starts.  Pretty disappointing for a top tier pitcher.

Id argue that Bum wasnt seen as a top tier pitcher at the start of last year. It was always Kershaw, Sale, Fernandez (til he went down) and Felix as the top tier and then a step lower than them was everyone else. Bumgarner had a good season,suffered through a terrible split at home despite being a pitchers park, but it is his postseason that made people see his potential.

has anyone or does anyone have a subscription to MLB.tv? I am now living in Florida and will not be able to watch my beloved Tribe every night so I am trying to find a way to watch them/keep track of them.

Are you asking if it's worth it? I really think it is. I actually miss having it just for being able to watch/listen on mobile.

I bought it one year and barely turned it on in the second half of the season. I LOVE baseball but it was just too much.

It would be really good for someone who lives out of their home market. I bought it thinking that I would get the Tigers in HD (I'm a cut the cord guy). You are blacked out of local games, though. Ended up watching Tigers via streams, going to bars, listening on the radio, etc instead of watching random games on MLB.tv.

Also, you cannot share it to cut the cost like you can with things like Netflix. You cannot have more than one person logged in at a time.

Given your situation, it does seem like a good fit, though.