MLB Discussion

pretty much. their upcoming schedule is hilarious

today- boston

3 games vs NYY

3 games vs Boston

3 games at NYY

4 games at Min

they could very well go 2-30, but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say 4-28

The games against Boston have been close...but...they didnt close out, so you are most likely right. Im shocked Dave Trembly is still around, but, it's not his fault they can't win.

Stoked I just got free tix to tomorrow Angels/Yankees game. My first game of the season.

Just not looking forward to dealing with all the annoying, drunk Yankee fans screaming and trying to start shit. Not saying all Yankee fans are like that, that kind of shit just happens WAY more often when the Yankees are in town.

Should be fun tho, hopefully its hot tomorrow.

Did you at least have a good time there? I saw the game on Fox. looked like the weather was nice, as you hoped for.

Yea the game was fun and there weren't too many annoying fans there and the weather was amazing. We left after about the 6th or 7th cause the game got out of hand and to beat the crowd out of the stadium. Got home and checked the score and it ended the same as when we left so we didnt miss anything.

At least my Halos took 2 of 3 in the series. Wish I would have gone to yesterdays game instead.

Did you at least have a good time there? I saw the game on Fox. looked like the weather was nice, as you hoped for.

Yea the game was fun and there weren't too many annoying fans there and the weather was amazing. We left after about the 6th or 7th cause the game got out of hand and to beat the crowd out of the stadium. Got home and checked the score and it ended the same as when we left so we didnt miss anything.

At least my Halos took 2 of 3 in the series. Wish I would have gone to yesterdays game instead.

I think Yankees would have been more pumped and had a better chance to come back if the communications weren't so fucked up in the 7th.

I think Yankees would have been more pumped and had a better chance to come back if the communications weren't so fucked up in the 7th.

Maybe, Kendry is having a big year again so far tho.

They started calling him The Cuban Missile this year. Last year it was Bam Bam. They need to stick to one nickname!

Add another name to the list of contracts teams will regret in the future.

Ryan Howard gets a 5 yr/$125 million extension.

That is a shitload of cash. Howard is still young and the contract isnt THAT long.

Does that make him 2nd highest in the league now for $$/year?

I wanna see what Pujols' next contract is like.

It makes him the 2nd highest paid player in the league. He is thirty right now and the contract takes him until the age of 36.

Oh I thought he was younger than that. I was thinking he was like 24-26 for some reason. I dont think its as bad as the Holliday contract.

He was a late bloomer/call-up because of Thome's time in Philly. His prime is getting close to being over. But you never know.

Pujols deserves more money than ARod but no one will be able to give him that kind of money except the Yanks.

I think he stays in St. Louis for just under what ARod is getting.

These contracts are getting out of control. I mean how long til someone signs the first $300M contract? Thats just crazy money.

No one player is worth $25 million.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Certain players make a ton of money for their team. If the Cards didn't have Pujols they wouldn't make the playoffs and wouldn't sell as much merch or even bring in as many people on the road. I think all of that should be taken in to account when assessing a player's worth. In that regard there aren't many players worth that much but some are definitely.

No one player is worth $25 million.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Certain players make a ton of money for their team. If the Cards didn't have Pujols they wouldn't make the playoffs and wouldn't sell as much merch or even bring in as many people on the road. I think all of that should be taken in to account when assessing a player's worth. In that regard there aren't many players worth that much but some are definitely.

i'm pretty sure the Yanks make more than enough to cover jeter's salary on jersey's alone... every girl in the damn stadium has a Jeter shirt on.