MLB Discussion

When Matt Kemp came in to the league everyone challenged him with fastballs and he went on a tear. They didn't know him, didn't know how much raw power he had but moreover didn't know he would chase sliders until there was no tomorrow. While this kid has massive amounts of raw skill and refined pitching talent I'm going to wait until August to make any kind of judgment on how good he'll be. My bet is he'll even out a bit as teams start to see him.

That said, nothing he throws goes straight. His fastball has movement and he got a good amount of his Ks on non-fastball pitches. He's obviously got 3 MLB caliber pitches. He's the real deal but a) it was a pretty weak hitting Pirates team B) no one in the bigs has seen his stuff.

While I do agree with you that no-one has seen his stuff yet, there is a flip-side to that coin in that he hasn't faced all the batters in the NL yet. I am sure a lot of hitters are studying tape of him and trying to figure him out. Hopefully he will have a good enough catcher to help him through with what he needs to pitch.

Who's not to say that once he has faced all of the batters in the NL that he doesn't have THEM all figured out? All in all, its too early to tell.

While I do agree with you that no-one has seen his stuff yet, there is a flip-side to that coin in that he hasn't faced all the batters in the NL yet. I am sure a lot of hitters are studying tape of him and trying to figure him out. Hopefully he will have a good enough catcher to help him through with what he needs to pitch.

Who's not to say that once he has faced all of the batters in the NL that he doesn't have THEM all figured out? All in all, its too early to tell.

I see your point but in vast history of the MLB, more often than not its the hitters who figure out the pitchers last. Meaning, the pitchers start by throwing their default stuff, then the batters adjust, then the pitchers adjust.

I do not think many hitters until yesterday were watching AAA film of him mostly because they need to focus on guys their facing more immediately. And, honestly, what happens in AAA rarely translates in the majors.

someone needs to put the orioles out of their misery. it was actually painful watching the last two yankee games

When they played the Sox a few days ago it was lester/guthrie. Both pitched awesome, and then the oriole bullpen pissed all over the dudes great start...i felt terrible. I feel for anyone who is diehard for that team..its a great park..always empty..anyone who goes there is just lookin for a pay check IMO..they know they arent playing deep into the fall.

I had about 15 Dodger fans talking shit to me on Facebook before the Angels/Dodgers series started. After the first game was about half way over, I didnt hear a word from any of them haha. Loved seeing how that series turned out.

Also went to Yankee Stadium last Friday....that place is just incredible.

I had about 15 Dodger fans talking shit to me on Facebook before the Angels/Dodgers series started. After the first game was about half way over, I didnt hear a word from any of them haha. Loved seeing how that series turned out.

Also went to Yankee Stadium last Friday....that place is just incredible.

Dodger pitching lined-up ass backwards for the series to turn out any different than it did. No Kershaw, no Kuroda and the Angels had Kazmir and Weaver.