MLB Discussion

I agree, and thats what they are saying everywhere. They are doing great, but they aren't playing as good as they could be playing.

Going to game 5 of the year for me on July 21th to see Matsui! Was gonna go to that Boomer & Carton thing 2 days before, but its too much to go to the city twice in a week. I love that those tickets are only 10 bucks though.

i mean seriously... tex was barely hitting his weight up until 2 weeks ago, Arod has put up really substandard numbers, posada has been great.. the game a week he hasn't been hurt... nick johnson and aceves have been out all season, i could post a lower ERA than Chan Ho, and for some reason the dude with the 2nd highest batting average is batting 9th....

F....Cliff Lee is going to the Yankees. There were some serious talks about him coming to the Rangers. Pretty bummed about it.

Also in bad news, theres a possibility that Nolan Ryan may lose his job if they don't settle the sale of the Rangers. If someone else buys the club, he might be jobless.

Joel Sherman -- who started this stuff at 4AM this morning -- is reporting that the Cliff Lee deal is imploding:

Mariners backing off Yankees offer, Post has learned. Does not look like Yankees are in it . . . To repeat the Yankees aren't getting Cliff Lee, Mariners concerned about David Adams' ankle plus apparently another team has jumped in hard

We're well into anything-in-the-world-can-happen territory right now, kids. No clue who the other team is. No clue if what Sherman says is true about the Yankees being out. Either way, fasten your seat belts, because this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Woohoo!!!!!!!! After reading reports, it was pretty much a done deal for the Yanks to get Lee, but after the Mariners found out about injuries, they did not wanna do the deal anymore. We lost Justin Smoak, but we've still got Chris Davis, who I'm not a huge fan of, but he's an amazing first baseman. We've got a very solid rotation.

I'm gonna try to do my best to go see his first start tomorrow.

Woohoo!!!!!!!! After reading reports, it was pretty much a done deal for the Yanks to get Lee, but after the Mariners found out about injuries, they did not wanna do the deal anymore. We lost Justin Smoak, but we've still got Chris Davis, who I'm not a huge fan of, but he's an amazing first baseman. We've got a very solid rotation.

I'm gonna try to do my best to go see his first start tomorrow.

A lot are saying though that he could be going to the Yanks next year.

The Texas Rangers just won the AL West. Glad they got something done without stable ownership. Sorry travis.

Yea fucking Seattle dealing this dude in the divison doesnt make sense to me but whatever. Im sure he leaves after this season and goes to NY tho.

Im still not convinced that Texas can play an entire season like they have been tho. I kinda expect Texas to win the West and the Angels have been playing HORRIBLE and are still less than 5 games back and its only the All Star break. Anything could happen, especially if the Angels make a move soon. Texas SHOULD win the West but Im still not convinced that they will.

Cliff Lee had a great first start. Granted, giving up 4 home runs doesn't exactly show it, but he threw a complete game in 95 pitches with just 22 balls. I'm not too worried about it.

And Travis...I've been thankful that the Angels have been sucking it up, because ever since that winning streak, the Rangers have too! The Rangers are like 5-11 since that streak. We should have at least a 7 or 8 game lead right now. We let the worst team in baseball sweep us. It's so frustrating. After every loss, I would check the scores and pray that the Angels lost. The Rangers have been lucky because y'all could have gained a lot of ground. Hopefully, this break will give them some time to clear their heads and get back in the game.

I understand that you gotta stand by your team, but the Rangers are freakin' solid this year. I really don't see us having the usual slump.

Cliff Lee had a great first start. Granted, giving up 4 home runs doesn't exactly show it, but he threw a complete game in 95 pitches with just 22 balls. I'm not too worried about it.

And Travis...I've been thankful that the Angels have been sucking it up, because ever since that winning streak, the Rangers have too! The Rangers are like 5-11 since that streak. We should have at least a 7 or 8 game lead right now. We let the worst team in baseball sweep us. It's so frustrating. After every loss, I would check the scores and pray that the Angels lost. The Rangers have been lucky because y'all could have gained a lot of ground. Hopefully, this break will give them some time to clear their heads and get back in the game.

I understand that you gotta stand by your team, but the Rangers are freakin' solid this year. I really don't see us having the usual slump.

I agree they have a much better, much more legit team that in years past and they should be able to win the division and getting Lee only makes that more likely.

Angels have guys Ive never even heard of starting games for them lately. Its like they are giving up already. They have been REALLY hard to watch lately.