MLB Discussion

i'm kinda worried about the yanks.... on paper they should be far superior to just about anyone... but they're seriously under achieving, and being hampered by injuries... they only have one dude batting over .300, the pitching is a crapshoot after CC/Hughes/Pettite (if he comes back)... and its been total feast or famine with the offense.... they either get shut out pitifully, or they jsut brutalize their opponent... its like shutout monday, score 15 runs tuesday..... and they're way too reliant on homeruns to score runs... they have a decent amount of speed, and really talented players... i'd love to see alot more small ball played in key situations... bases loaded gardner on third? suicide squeeze once in awhile... it'll work

i'm dead serious... they aren't nearly as good as they were last year... their record doesn't reflect it... but i had a lot more confidence last year than this one... Burnett and Vasquez are super inconsistant, A-rod, posada, and pettite being hit with nagging injuries, Jeter having his worst season ever... i mean seriously... only one dude hitting over .300? theres shitty teams with more than one dude over .300

i'm dead serious... they aren't nearly as good as they were last year... their record doesn't reflect it... but i had a lot more confidence last year than this one... Burnett and Vasquez are super inconsistant, A-rod, posada, and pettite being hit with nagging injuries, Jeter having his worst season ever... i mean seriously... only one dude hitting over .300? theres shitty teams with more than one dude over .300

I totally agree with you, they should be doing a lot better. As for Vasquez, it sucks that he had a horrible August, cause besides his first month this year, he actually was doing great and the few games that he lost they were 1 or 2 run ball games, I think he was getting a lot less credit than he should have been.

Its those 2 teams then a huge gap and then everyone else.

I don't see this gap...the Yanks/Rays have only won 6 more than the Rangers/Twins. If that's what you call a "huge gap"...then ok. I disagree.

The Rangers have won 3 of 4 against the Twins and we don't even have Cruz or Kinsler. When the Yanks and Rays came through town, we didn't have Young, Cruz, Kinsler, or Treanor...and they were replaced by Triple A players at best. When the Rangers get back to full strength, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

No matter what happens with the Rangers, it's been an amazing season. Despite having 4th lowest salary in baseball, we still managed to sign a couple of key players. Not to mention the whole ownership issue. Even if we don't go to the World Series, I'm happy with what the Rangers accomplished.

I don't see this gap...the Yanks/Rays have only won 6 more than the Rangers/Twins. If that's what you call a "huge gap"...then ok. I disagree.

The Rangers just swept the Twins and we don't even have Cruz or Kinsler. When the Yanks and Rays came through town, we didn't have Young, Cruz, Kinsler, or Treanor...and they were replaced by Triple A players at best. When the Rangers get back to full strength, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

No matter what happens with the Rangers, it's been an amazing season. Despite having 4th lowest salary in baseball, we still managed to sign a couple of key players. Not to mention the whole ownership issue. Even if we don't go to the World Series, I'm happy with what the Rangers accomplished.

Its a big gap when it comes playoff time. I dont think the Rangers have the pitching to beat the Yanks or Rays in a 7 game series. Rangers are having a great year but I dont think they make it to the WS. Same with the Twins.

Id actually like to see Rangers in the WS, would be nice to see something different in the AL. Id be happy if the Twins went too.

In the NL it would be cool to see SD or or the Reds make it to the WS.

you have to remember they don't play a balanced schedule. The Yanks/Rays/Sox have to play each other a ton of times, whereas the other divisions are playing a ton of bottom feeders... thats where the gap exists. The Blue Jays would be a formidable team in any other division if they weren't playing a good majority of their games against 3 of the top teams in the league

So after tonight Cliff Lee will be 2-5 in his 10 starts with the Rangers. Its good he didn't go to the Yankees after all.

I havent seen his stats since joining Texas but he has pitched pretty damn well from what Ive seen for them. Just hasnt picked up the wins to show it. The Yankees would be lucky to have Lee in their rotation.