MLB Discussion

You guys have a decent site to stream baseball games? I bought mlb.tv, but am blacked out from watching the Tigers. Don't have cable.

Firstrowsports.eu

You click on the baseball tab and then the game you wanna watch. You might have to download a program to watch the game, but it is safe.

Sucks you sprung for the MLB package and are blacked out :(

Where are the Reds getting all this money?

Its not like they had to come up with a $300 million check. They made commitments to pay it over the next decade. Any small market team can use the same strategy. They usually don't, though, because they are risk averse and would rather let a franchise player go than be stuck with a bad contract.

When it comes to 2nd base though, the pickings are slim. Might as well tie up one of the better ones in the game. Besides Cano, Kinsler and Pedroria there isnt much left. Considering it is much easier to find good production from 3B and OF than it is 2B it is a good move on the Reds to recognize this and lock him up during his best years.

haha Looking forward to watching that Angels/Yankees series.

So if Kinsler and Phillips are getting that kind of cash in extensions, what does Cano get? Dude is a legit MVP contender nearly every year and is the best all around player at 2B. He's should easily crack the $100M mark for his next contract.

Jeter makes about $17 million. I do believe he was over $20 million at one point, but not anymore.

And if we are comparing Cano to Kinsler, Cano is in a tier by himself at second base as a hitter. Plus, Kinsler is so fragile it is going to affect his ability to get a high-dollar long term deal. Cano, on the other hand, is one of the most reliable players in baseball, making teams less leery of committing lots of dollars to him.

Soooo, if you think $15 mil/year is the right number for Kinsler's value, I believe Cano is worth an extra $5 mil on top of that. $25 mil/year seems like a Yankees "premium", but it could happen.

Damn, Trumbo just hit one into the second deck in left center at Target Field. That was a bomb! Its too bad he's so bad at 3B cause his power is off the charts.

Im hoping they move him to LF or RF next year after Torii's contract is up. He could handle the OF pretty easily I would think. He's got a great arm. Would be nice to see Bourjos, Trout and Trumbo in the same OF.