MLB Discussion

I dont see the Nats making a wildcard push this year. Strasburg is still going to be watched and has an inning limit for this year as well. Jackson and Lannan at the back of the rotation is major question marks. They still got a lot of young hitters that need to mature and take more steps forward before they can get to be a wildcard threat in the NL. I think next year will be the year where they start having all the peices together and make a great run at the wild card and possibly the division.

I'd say your probably right, but weren't they less than 10 games out at the end of last year? Their biggest issue is that it isn't necessarily young guys about to development, just a collection of dudes who could theoretically "have a year".

I'm reading the statement from Braun's sample collector and went back to read statements after the suspension was lifted. Braun is a fucking baby - he smeared this guys work and integrity when the evidence points to the arbitrator bending over backwards to justify a vote to lift the suspension. I hope a libel suit comes of this.

I dont see the Nats making a wildcard push this year. Strasburg is still going to be watched and has an inning limit for this year as well. Jackson and Lannan at the back of the rotation is major question marks. They still got a lot of young hitters that need to mature and take more steps forward before they can get to be a wildcard threat in the NL. I think next year will be the year where they start having all the peices together and make a great run at the wild card and possibly the division.

I'd say your probably right, but weren't they less than 10 games out at the end of last year? Their biggest issue is that it isn't necessarily young guys about to development, just a collection of dudes who could theoretically "have a year".

Morse is legit. Also, I didn't know this until yesterday, but he got popped for Roids.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ap....s terone_022712

Where does everyone else land on the addition of two more Wild Card slots? I think the Playoffs are long enough already. I don't mind the idea of the two Wild Card teams playing each other but I think a better addition would be to expand the first round to a 7 game series if nothing else. The 5 Game series offers shallower teams a decided benefit that I don't think they deserve.

Where does everyone else land on the addition of two more Wild Card slots? I think the Playoffs are long enough already. I don't mind the idea of the two Wild Card teams playing each other but I think a better addition would be to expand the first round to a 7 game series if nothing else. The 5 Game series offers shallower teams a decided benefit that I don't think they deserve.

Pretty much agree on all counts. I've always hated the 5 games series. Seems like a move to boost revenue without much practical impact on the game. Last year we would have added Boston and Atlanta, which for those markets, would have been cool I guess.

But fuck man. Baseball playoffs are already forever.

as much as i dont want baseball becoming like every other sport where some half assed under 500 team can make the playoffs.... two wild cards make winning the division very important and will bring a lot more life to late august/early sept games.... it also just means we'll be seeing alot more AL East teams in the playoffs ;)

as much as i dont want baseball becoming like every other sport where some half assed under 500 team can make the playoffs.... two wild cards make winning the division very important and will bring a lot more life to late august/early sept games.... it also just means we'll be seeing alot more AL East teams in the playoffs ;)

I disagree. Even a dominant team (ie, a 100 game winner) only wins 60% of their games. 100 game winners probably won't be in the wild card game. It's basically going to be a coinflip.

If anything, I see it leading to more playoff games for teams from other divisions. Assuming an East team would win the wild card everytime under the old format, now there is about a 45% chance of a one-and-done instead of a guarantee of at least 3 games.

I love how the RedSox were the main team campaigning for the wildcard addition back in 93, and then they were the main team campaigning for the league restructure at the turn of the 2000s and now were the main team campaigning for an additional wildcard. If only they spent that much effort in fielding a winning team all year long.

I love how the RedSox were the main team campaigning for the wildcard addition back in 93, and then they were the main team campaigning for the league restructure at the turn of the 2000s and now were the main team campaigning for an additional wildcard. If only they spent that much effort in fielding a winning team all year long.

Now I know why I like you.

Did you get the regular or premium? I have a ps3 and it looks like I will have to get premium this year to watch on my system

I went premium. Haven't logged in in a couple days but it wouldn't let me watch spring training through my ps3. They still haven't "reset" it or whatever for this year. Could only watch last season's games.