MLB Discussion

Travis got his wish, Abreu has been released and Trout called up! Angels say he will play everyday and all 3 OF spots. Most likely batting leadoff as well.

Yea he's been hitting leadoff the last 2 games and hasnt done much yet. Not nearly as impressive as Harpers debut this year. I dont think anyone's expecting Trout to come in and turn this whole team around right away but it will be good for him to be up in the bigs and get his ABs in. He was clearly too good to be in the minors so we'll see how he does. Im just glad he'll be up playing every day and getting the experience in. They seem to finally be playing Trumbo somewhere every day now too. Also nice to see the starting pitchers doing so well.

The offense really hasnt started to do anything yet. Trumbo and Hunter are the only ones hitting. Im sure the rest of the guys will start swinging the bats soon but that bull pen is an absolute joke. They need a lot of help there. A LOT!

Its early Angels will make the playoffs and be fine. i don't think they will win it this year, but that maybe hope as i am a cardinals fan.

Yea he's been hitting leadoff the last 2 games and hasnt done much yet. Not nearly as impressive as Harpers debut this year. I dont think anyone's expecting Trout to come in and turn this whole team around right away but it will be good for him to be up in the bigs and get his ABs in. He was clearly too good to be in the minors so we'll see how he does. Im just glad he'll be up playing every day and getting the experience in. They seem to finally be playing Trumbo somewhere every day now too. Also nice to see the starting pitchers doing so well.

The offense really hasnt started to do anything yet. Trumbo and Hunter are the only ones hitting. Im sure the rest of the guys will start swinging the bats soon but that bull pen is an absolute joke. They need a lot of help there. A LOT!

Its early Angels will make the playoffs and be fine. i don't think they will win it this year, but that maybe hope as i am a cardinals fan.

25 games isn't exactly a small sample size anymore. It is getting up to the level of being significant. They have the 3rd worst winning percentage in the AL. No team in baseball is out of it yet, but I feel more confident that the angels will be out than in.

adrian gonzalez has the be the least clutch hitter ive ever seen in a red sox uniform. strikes out with the bases loaded late in the game, grounds out with a man on 3rd to end it.

These season tix will be the death of me. I have a bunch more Cubs tix for May. Hit me up if interested (justin.d.wexler AT gmail DOT com). Sec 438 row 3 aisle seats.

5/4/12 1:20 PM Dodgers at Cubs $50 ($100 face)

5/5/12 12:05 PM Dodgers at Cubs $50 ($100 face)

5/6/12 1:20 PM Dodgers at Cubs $50 ($100 face)

5/7/12 7:05 PM Braves at Cubs $40 ($80 face)

5/8/12 7:05 PM Braves at Cubs $40 ($80 face)

5/9/12 1:20 PM Braves at Cubs $40 ($80 face)

5/16/12 7:05 PM Phillies at Cubs $40 ($80 face)

5/17/12 7:05 PM Phillies at Cubs $40 ($80 face)

5/18/12 1:20 PM White Sox at Cubs $180

5/19/12 6:15 PM White Sox at Cubs $180

5/20/12 1:20 PM White Sox at Cubs $180

5/28/12 1:20 PM Padres at Cubs $40 ($100 face)

5/29/12 1:20 PM Padres at Cubs $40 ($100 face)

5/30/12 1:20 PM Padres at Cubs $40 ($100 face)

A Jered Weaver no-hitter and not a peep from Travis? I hope everything is alright.

He's turned into a true Ace. Sucks the Yankees got the shit-Weaver. I remember when Jeff was a Yankee and I was a season ticket holder, I'd look as far in advance as possible to sell off the games he was starting. What a bum - his pick-up was a true Cashman move.

So fucking stoked for Weaver. Dude has been a legit ace for a couple years. It took Verlander having an MVP season to beat him out for Cy Young last year. Weaver had an amazing year last year and pretty much got overlooked cause of how insanely dominant Verlander was.

Weaver thorows a no-no and the offense fianlly comes alive. Good to finally see that. Everyone started hitting except Pujols haha. Really hoping this was the "spark" the team needed to get things going.

Yea I think Torii is going to have a good year. I dont think he will be this good all year but I expect him to play well for the rest of the season. He's in a walk year and he even went to Scioscia the other day and said he would give up some playing time to get Trumbo in the line up more often (this is after the 9-time gold glove winner voluntarily switched positions to accomodate Bourjos in CF last year). Torri is the best dude in the MLB hands down. Im really excited for him. Who else goes to the coach and says he will give up playing time to help get someone like Trumbo in the line up? No one, not one single player in the league would do that. Especially someone who's trying to have a big year and get another multi-year deal. Dude just wants to win a title. Fucking love that guy, it will be really sad to see him on another team next year. I dont think the Angels have any room for him, unfortunately. I wish they could just dumb Wells' sorry ass and resign Torii.

Morales has already had some ups and downs this year but I expect him to have a big comeback year. He's got tons of power and could possibly hit 40 HRs and he can hit for a good average. They're going to need him to be a big threat this year to protect Pujols.

It's been part of his warm-up routine his entire career. His success is indisputable and these guys settle into a routine for consistency. There was nothing wrong with his shagging fly balls.

I'm feel completely sick this morning. It's fitting to have a rainy morning in New York. Not since Donny Baseball retired without a ring have I felt this badly about a player.

Read that there is video of it. Honestly I dont want to watch it. It's sad just hearing about it

It isn't gnarly. It's harder to see the great Rivera carried off the field than anything. I interviewed Mariano on the field after the final game at the old stadium - gracious guy even to someone he lacked a relationship with. Had a long chat with his Mom as well. I predict he'll build a church and settle into a religious service back home now.