MLB Discussion

That's not saying much. Just about everyone has been better than Pujols this year. He's been one of the Angels worst players and most of the team has sucked.

No big deal to sit Pujols for a game. Everyone gets days off, ever when he's playing well he'll get a day off once in a while. Hopefully it let's him clear his head and get a little bit of a fresh start. Kinda funny that they drop 2 in a row and then sit him and get a win and Trumbo goes deep while getting the start at 1B

Suspending Hamels and fining him was pointless. He doesnt miss a start, and you fine him for stating the obvious? Zimmerman hit Hamels on his first pitch to him in retaliation but doesnt get suspended or fined? Both pitchers did the exact same thing with the same ending(of hitting the batter) whether or not their reason was different, baseball doesnt suspend people for reasons.

I think the MLB had to do something to Hamels just so it looks like they are trying to keep players safe. Hamels was dumb for saying it was intentional so they suspend him for 5 games and he doesnt miss a start and it makes the league look like they care to the average fan.

Hamels just sounded like an idiot though. Saying he did it cause he's "old school"? What does that even mean? That you plunk rookies for no reason? The whole thing is stupid from the act itself to the interview after to the pointless suspension to the Nats GM going nuts about it in interviews. All it really did was make Harper look good in the end. Guy stole home and took the high road when asked about it.

They have a poll on espn where out of 75K people 71% think Hamiltons game was more impressive than Humbers perfect game. I cant believe that. Hamilton was perfect for 4 at bats in a game, Humber was perfect for 27! How much has it not happened before because a player ended up walking instead of getting pitched to when they were at 3 homeruns? Hitting four in a game relies on the pitchers just as much as it does the hitter. Throwing a perfect game relies solely on your ability to make perfect pitches the entire game.

They have a poll on espn where out of 75K people 71% think Hamiltons game was more impressive than Humbers perfect game. I cant believe that. Hamilton was perfect for 4 at bats in a game, Humber was perfect for 27! How much has it not happened before because a player ended up walking instead of getting pitched to when they were at 3 homeruns? Hitting four in a game relies on the pitchers just as much as it does the hitter. Throwing a perfect game relies solely on your ability to make perfect pitches the entire game.

He is only the 16th player to do it. 7th in the AL. There have been 21 Perfect Games.

This is the hitting equivalent of a Perfect Game.

He is only the 16th player to do it. 7th in the AL. There have been 21 Perfect Games.

This is the hitting equivalent of a Perfect Game.

haha Exactly what I was going to say.