MLB Discussion

i dont think so at all. they've got 6 games against the cubs and 6 against cincy/pitts, they still have/had a chance to make it.

MIL vs. CHC = 4-6 (includes being swept at home in July)

MIL vs. CIN = 7-8 (includes losing 2 of 3 at home last week)

The Phillies play ATL six more times (10-2 on the season) and WAS three more times (9-6).

Advantage: Philly

yeah i know, Brewers were 4-2 vs cubs prior to that sweep, so they obcviously can do that.

as for cincy... who knows. The series im worried about is the pirates, haha, I mean really... Brewers are like 11 - 1 this season again st them.

You can say no-hitter all you want. You're just watching the game, as long as you're not on the team nor an announcer, there's no jinx.

Brewers could still make the playoffs. Otherwise it looks like Cubs/Phils or Cubs/Mets in round 1.

Wont the Cubs play the winner of the West? The winner of that division will have the worst record of all the teams that make the playoffs.

You can say no-hitter all you want. You're just watching the game, as long as you're not on the team nor an announcer, there's no jinx.

Brewers could still make the playoffs. Otherwise it looks like Cubs/Phils or Cubs/Mets in round 1.

Wont the Cubs play the winner of the West? The winner of that division will have the worst record of all the teams that make the playoffs.

Best record = #1 vs. Wild Card =#4 (as long as they're not in the same division)

Best record = #1 vs. Wild Card =#4 (as long as they're not in the same division)

Right so if the Brewers go then the Cubs would play the Dodgers.

Say what you will about the Dodgers they've allowed the least amount of runs in the entire of baseball. 12 less than the Cubs in two MORE games. I thought that was interesting considering the playoffs are all about pitching and defense. I'm really pulling for the Phillies to get the wild card, sorry Brew Crew fans, I don't want the Cubs in the first round.

The playoffs aren't all about pitching and defense. You can have the best pitching and defense in the world and not win a baseball game if you can't score runs. Runs are the way to win games. Granted, pitching and defense prevent the other team from scoring runs, thus allowing you to score less runs and still win. But, in the end, runs win baseball games. It's not like they're deciding games by the numbers of strikeouts or web gems.

Prince Fielder is one big motherfucker. A vegetarian too. He must eat grilled cheese, pizza, and french fries for every meal. Lucky for L.A., it looks like the Brewers don't want to be in the playoffs.

The playoffs aren't all about pitching and defense. You can have the best pitching and defense in the world and not win a baseball game if you can't score runs. Runs are the way to win games. Granted, pitching and defense prevent the other team from scoring runs, thus allowing you to score less runs and still win. But, in the end, runs win baseball games. It's not like they're deciding games by the numbers of strikeouts or web gems.

Prince Fielder is one big motherfucker. A vegetarian too. He must eat grilled cheese, pizza, and french fries for every meal. Lucky for L.A., it looks like the Brewers don't want to be in the playoffs.

Well of course you have to score runs to win but in the playoffs you can't give teams extra outs. You start to do that and all the scoring in the world isn't going to help you. See: Yankees, New York.

Well of course you have to score runs to win but in the playoffs you can't give teams extra outs. You start to do that and all the scoring in the world isn't going to help you. See: Yankees, New York.

well it did work at least 26 times ;)

well it did work at least 26 times ;)

You had good pitching 26 times. ;D

See: Ford, Whitey

See: Larsen, Don

See: Clemens, Steriod

See: Petite, Steriod

See: Cone, David

See: Wettland, John

See: Wells, Boomer

Yeah of course Billingsley got his shit pushed in last night. I don't know why the fuck I started him in my fantasy league. STUPID.

Cubs put a nail in the Brew crew's coffin today. Gotta love that 4 run 9th. LOLomon Torres.

Billingsley has been nails lately and the Dodgers beat the Bucs' head in two nights in a row. I was thinking if they were going to win a game it was going to be last night. That said he should have gotten a strikeout call against Doumit and he should have kept that ball away from LaRoche.

should have kept that ball away from LaRoche

Always a good idea. I like that guy. Seems to always play hard.

Yeah but he totally bails out. You pitch him away and he's not going to do much unless you do it enough he make a complete adjustment. But then you bust him in and he's done.