MLB Discussion

I really don't see how it's that complicated or in-depth. It's exactly like OPS+ or ERA+, but for runs scored and runs allowed.

And there's no way it doesn't make baseball fun -- I quite enjoy it. If people don't like it, they don't have to pay attention to it.

I don't see how more analysis is a bad thing... I'm not saying that it should be blindly followed without watching the games or anything, but it definitely helps put things into perspective.

Brewers are likely gonna get pounded by the Phillies, but I hope not. I'd much rather see Cubs/Brewers in the NLCS than Cubs/Phillies.

yeah, thats probably whats going ot happen... but I keep thinking to myself that the brewers are going to come out on all cylinders on wednesday

Keep taking for granted the Cubs winning the series.

Because my taking this for granted has any effect on the outcome of the series? The Cubs will win or lose this series based on how they play, not on what *I* think. Personally, I think they will win. I also think the Phillies, Rays(no matter who they play), and Red Sox will win. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but if I had to put money on it, that's what I'd bet.

Keep taking for granted the Cubs winning the series.

Because my taking this for granted has any effect on the outcome of the series? The Cubs will win or lose this series based on how they play, not on what *I* think. Personally, I think they will win. I also think the Phillies, Rays(no matter who they play), and Red Sox will win. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but if I had to put money on it, that's what I'd bet.

I guess that all depends on your philosophical views

This is going to be a very interesting post season. Lots of good series'. I dont think there is any team that is going to just mow down everyone they face. I think the Rays, Red Sox and Angels all have a good chance to win it all but I really dont see any team in the NL being strong enough to win except the Cubs. Then again when its all said and done I could be completely wrong here.

This is going to be a very interesting post season. Lots of good series'. I dont think there is any team that is going to just mow down everyone they face. I think the Rays, Red Sox and Angels all have a good chance to win it all but I really dont see any team in the NL being strong enough to win except the Cubs. Then again when its all said and done I could be completely wrong here.

If Beckett is hurt the Red Sox will have a very hard time beating anyone with three viable pitchers. At this point that's probably only the Cubs but with as random as Carlos Zambrano can be I'm not sure you put all your eggs in his basket. Not sure the Rays can win it all but the Marlins did with a similar younger roster a few years back. Though they did have Pudge Rodriguez to anchor their rotation.