MLB Discussion

Because since day one we were counted out

Got old dude. Everyday with the media. One run away from 29 years of a WS win bro. Not taking it too seriously. It's still fresh.

I just think it's funny how everyone is saying the long suffering KC fans deserved this, the same team that was, what, 26th in attendance this year? That was drawing 15,000 in August when fighting for the division?

Don't get me wrong, this KC team was fun to watch and if they were playing anyone other than the Giants I would have been pulling for them. But to say the Fox narrative wasn't pulling for them is asinine.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor of Mets going for Tulo.Perhaps signing Cuddy was a way to give Rox a 1 round pick in the trade.

Not technically a first rd pick, its a supplemental pick after the first rd, and if im not mistaken., the mets dont lose their first rd pick bc its a protected top 10 pick.

A 3-4-5- of Wright-Duda-Cuddyer is pretty sweet. Plus, with the Mets getting Harvey back they are looking a nice 1-2 of Harvey and Degrom. 

Wish my Phillies would do something good for once, but I guess I have a better chance of seeing JonBenet that that happening right now.

Not technically a first rd pick, its a supplemental pick after the first rd, and if im not mistaken., the mets dont lose their first rd pick bc its a protected top 10 pick.

I thought they had pick 17?  And while I know it isnt a 1st rounder, it is a way to give the Rox another early pick like they might have wanted for losing Tulo.

I'm torn, I hope the Mets give up too much for Tulo and Tulo stays injury prone cause I hate the Mets, but at the same time, I dont want the market to keep going higher and higher where getting a "superstar" (which I use loosely with Tulo because of his injury record) means giving up two or three top prospects.

A 3-4-5- of Wright-Duda-Cuddyer is pretty sweet. Plus, with the Mets getting Harvey back they are looking a nice 1-2 of Harvey and Degrom. 

Wish my Phillies would do something good for once, but I guess I have a better chance of seeing JonBenet that that happening right now.

First time I'm really expecting things from the Mets in a long while. Bullpen was solid last year. Harvey deGrom 1-2 punch, good starters in Niese and Wheeler, and Colon is Colon. Some good pitching sitting in the minors too.

How Rueben Amaro is still the GM of the Phillies is beyond me.

If that's the core of the mets team next year, they will not make the playoffs.

No you didn't. I was just responding to the comments that the "pretty sweet" and "looking nice' comments.

Cuddyer is on the wrong side of 35 and won't hit over .290 or 20 bombs away from Coors. Duda had a career year that wasn't that great and a 10% regression in his stats make them look unappealing at a corner infield spot. Wright is awesome but he's at a point in his career where speed starts to drop, which is enough to drop him from a franchise player to just a nice one.

Harvey has the injury question mark and DeGrom is a huge regression candidate. Has no pedigree to suggest that he is a #2 and won ROY in a pretty weak year for the NL.

Not impressed at all. Same old Mets.

I thought they had pick 17? And while I know it isnt a 1st rounder, it is a way to give the Rox another early pick like they might have wanted for losing Tulo.

I'm torn, I hope the Mets give up too much for Tulo and Tulo stays injury prone cause I hate the Mets, but at the same time, I dont want the market to keep going higher and higher where getting a "superstar" (which I use loosely with Tulo because of his injury record) means giving up two or three top prospects.

Right, they would lose that pick, but the rockies will get a pick between rd 1 and 2, not the 17th pick overall