MLB Discussion

I think it was dumb to fire Gardy, he's a great Manager and they will have trouble finding someone better than him.

He'll get another job managing in a heartbeat if he doesnt move to the front office.

Reminds me of last year when everyone was calling for Scioscia's job, he's been Managing the same way forever, it's not his fault the team was playing well below their ability. This year the team is playing better and Scioscia is doing the exact same thing and it's working.

Seems like they are making a change just to make a change. Yea the team sucks but is that really the Managers fault?

I think it was dumb to fire Gardy, he's a great Manager and they will have trouble finding someone better than him.

He'll get another job managing in a heartbeat if he doesnt move to the front office.

Reminds me of last year when everyone was calling for Scioscia's job, he's been Managing the same way forever, it's not his fault the team was playing well below their ability. This year the team is playing better and Scioscia is doing the exact same thing and it's working.

Seems like they are making a change just to make a change. Yea the team sucks but is that really the Managers fault?

You could argue though that perhaps Gardy, and Scioscia last year should have found ways to motivate players, find a better batting order, get more creative with platoons and the staff and change the way they played the game to take advantage of the players they had this year.

You could argue though that perhaps Gardy, and Scioscia last year should have found ways to motivate players, find a better batting order, get more creative with platoons and the staff and change the way they played the game to take advantage of the players they had this year.

There's a little bit to that, I totally get it. At the same time both of these guys have been great managers for a long time and if you have a shitty team (or a massively underperforming/injured team) then the team's going to suck no matter what the manager does. If you have good players you're going to be good. I get that you need to make a change sometimes but it feels like they are just making a change in Minnesota for the sake of making a change cause they had a horrible year again. If you can get someone better then go for it but I dont see the Twins finding someone better. Hopefully they will though.

Let's hear your predictions for the Wild Card games.Mine are below.

Giants over the Pirates

A's over the Royals - as much as I want the Royals to win I just think the way Lester has been pitching will be enough for the A's to win.

Giants over Pirates

A's over Royals (I want the Royals to win though)

There's a little bit to that, I totally get it. At the same time both of these guys have been great managers for a long time and if you have a shitty team (or a massively underperforming/injured team) then the team's going to suck no matter what the manager does. If you have good players you're going to be good. I get that you need to make a change sometimes but it feels like they are just making a change in Minnesota for the sake of making a change cause they had a horrible year again. If you can get someone better then go for it but I dont see the Twins finding someone better. Hopefully they will though.

Oh I agree that they both have been great managers for a long time, (though Scioscia I think is overrated) but I do think they could have done little things to improve the teams a bit. Obviously not enough to makw the playoffs, but enough to show the front office that they are mailing it in because they got injuries, under performers, and no talents. I do think Gardy should keep his job though because he has proven that he can win with a cast of misfits and stars. It's a shame he wont be there for Sano and Buxton.

Oh I agree that they both have been great managers for a long time, (though Scioscia I think is overrated) but I do think they could have done little things to improve the teams a bit. Obviously not enough to makw the playoffs, but enough to show the front office that they are mailing it in because they got injuries, under performers, and no talents. I do think Gardy should keep his job though because he has proven that he can win with a cast of misfits and stars. It's a shame he wont be there for Sano and Buxton.

I agree, they are supposed to have some great young talent that would benefit from a manager like that a lot.

There is no way Scioscia is overrated though (I know, I'm an Angels fan). He's the longest tenured manager in the game, he's got a .548 winning % as a manager, won the division 6 times and the World Series once with not exactly the most talented team around. He's only recently had a bunch of big-name guys. The biggest names they've acquired lately have under-performed too.

Was so proud of the 2012 team in defeat.

These clowns can blow me.

Melvin lost the game. Fernando Abad has been the A's best reliever all season and he throws ONE PITCH. Greggerson allowed inherited runners to score all season, he's still brought in to give away the 8th. Nick Punto gets 2 at bats late, Adam Dunn doesn't get one.

The A's have the 6th best run differential through this point since WWII

compared to what their differential would suggest, they have actually been unlucky to have as few wins as they do.

Too bad the season didn't end in June..

I feel a little bad poking fun at a legit baseball fan who's team collapsed on him but couldn't really resist. You hyped the shit out of the As in the first half.

Voters have shown they wont give it to a guy from a non playoff team ;)

Suck it! Trout wins it but Victor is going to get a lot of votes and place in the top 3 (even as a DH).