MLB Discussion

We're going to play that game, really?

If I only knew Crisp (neck), Lowrie (neck, finger), Vogt (foot, ankle), Norris (back, shoulder), Donaldson (knee), Jaso (concussion), Gentry (concussion), Reddick (knee), and Moss (hip tear) would get hurt. What was I thinking?

The A's were that good. Things fell apart. You aren't breaking news to me, guy.

Why don't you go ahead and tell me what The Tigers have to show for all their Cy Youngs and MVP's? How about this, once they're eliminated, I'll go back through pages and pages and pages and make you feel like an asshole over something you said months ago. Deal.

Aww man don't take your ball and go home. It was heckling. Part of being a sports fan.

Everyone has injuries. Tigers had Anibal Sanchez, Jokim Soria, and Miggy has not been 100% for a while (with a nagging injury to him being more important to overall team performance than losing Jed Lowrie for the entire year).

They weren't that good, though. You overreacted to a hot start. We can take a poll if the thread's contributors think that the Oakland A's had one of the 100 greatest teams in MLB history and only were derailed from the postseason by injury.

Aww man don't take your ball and go home. It was heckling. Part of being a sports fan.

Everyone has injuries. Tigers had Anibal Sanchez, Jokim Soria, and Miggy has not been 100% for a while (with a nagging injury to him being more important to overall team performance than losing Jed Lowrie for the entire year).

They weren't that good, though. You overreacted to a hot start. We can take a poll if the thread's contributors think that the Oakland A's had one of the 100 greatest teams in MLB history and only were derailed from the postseason by injury.

And if they were in the AL West it would have shown that much more and they would have missed the playoffs. We can't all be so lucky to play in the Central.

I didn't overreact to anything. I posted a fact(s) about the A's historically hot start. While I absolutely thought this was the A's year (and was dumb enough to still feel that way until about 10pm pacific last night) never ever did I say or think that it would be a cake walk through the playoffs

Giants!!!! Hell of a game pitched by Mad Bum

I fucking love Bumgarner. and how about that Crawford grand slam  B)

I honestly wasn't expecting this team to even make it to the playoffs this year with all the problems they were having.

Still got a ways to go but this win was well deserved. Hell yeah Giants!

Having gone to three Pirates games recently, I can say that the crowd will definitely have an impact on tonight's game. Those fans are really great.

Lol, yet they were mute for over half the game. Thw fans in this city will sit on their hands faster than anywhere else the second the game starts to go in favor of the other team.

Happy to see the O's take a 2 game lead. Also, do the Tiger's know that the 8th inning counts too?

We haven't had a bullpen all year. It's nothing new. Doesn't even really phase me what's happened so far. Team is so flawed in a couple areas (bullpen, SS, OF defense) with no depth that they would have to be lucky to get to the WS.

David Price at home should be a win. If we get one on the board, we'll see what happens after. Still a glimmer of hope.

Nelson Cruz is a tiger-killer!!