what's band for vinyl collective box set project ?

i am surprised that nobody has said, JEW, BOTCH, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN. i would like all three, but i would be blown away by a SNAPCASE box set or an ELLIOTT box set. i'd run towards the nearest living thing and kill it for an Elliott or Snapcase box set

I was gonna say Jimmy Eat World, but then I remembered that one was already being planned. Or did that fall through? I haven't heard anything about that in a while.

^ But a Sunny Day Real Estate box set would be cool.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am surprised that nobody has said, JEW, BOTCH, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN. i would like all three, but i would be blown away by a SNAPCASE box set or an ELLIOTT box set. i'd run towards the nearest living thing and kill it for an Elliott or Snapcase box set

I was gonna say Jimmy Eat World, but then I remembered that one was already being planned. Or did that fall through? I haven't heard anything about that in a while.

^ But a Sunny Day Real Estate box set would be cool.

i haven't heard about that in a little while either. SDRE would be fantastic.

after going through 6 pages id back these:

Moneen

(smallman records would be a headache.. we want to do them, but dont see it happening)

Promise Ring

(amazing. do it up.. maybe throw horse latitudes, boys + girls and electric pink eps too)

Elliott

(if no set, just a really nice version of false cathedrals)

Lucero

(everything you guys said... love the band and just want the releases minus all the $$)

Park?

(i know building a better _____ was released but no signal and it wont snow.. are so good)

Cursive

(domestica / burst and bloom / ugly organ)

EDIT: RECOVER!

(rodeo and picasso / ceci n'est pas recover / this may be the year..)

in my opinion,

a potential band which virgil can press on box set is a band who have 3-4 albums at maximum.

or a band who release 2-3 albums on one label and that label has an owner who understand what vinyl collective is.

the other band which i wanna vote is the fall of troy....

Cursive

(domestica / burst and bloom / ugly organ)

EDIT: RECOVER!

(rodeo and picasso / ceci n'est pas recover / this may be the year..)

I was gonna say Recover with the suggestion of my Impossibles idea, since all those bands are closely rooted.

As far as cursive goes, I like the idea of things that weren't pressed as a box set, or that nobody has dibs on pressing, in this Cursive case, mostly Saddle Creek. Although Burst and Bloom may have been on another label (I wanna say Crank!) maybe the artists don't want their past shit put out. There has been some speculation that Tim Kasher isn't all that keen on Burst and Bloom. Plus I am biased because I have those three. Plus you can still get Ugly Organ.

A lot of bands on here that have been suggested have labels that would want to hold onto those titles, have box sets in the works, which is why I kinda went for bands that would probably be easier to get approved and in the planning stages.

Whoever asked for a Saves The Day box set, they apparently have one coming out with Sound The Alarm, Under The Boards, and the next/last album in this trilogy apparently set to arrive this winter. I'm sure anything related to them would be only be put out by Cobraside, even if it was the older stuff, although approval would have to go through Equal Vision too, right?

rx bandits with the pharmaceutical bandits ep those damn bandits . . .

or

hoods boxset with big brass knucks picture disc and a big boombox style packaging . . .

or

evergreen terrace box set . . . lots of material available including split with one fifth, writers block with cover songs, old school eulogy full lengths . . . you could leave off the new metal blade trash . . . hahaha

or

a saul williams or immortal technique box set . . .

and I would definitely back the Zao and Cancer Bats boxes too . . . FATA's old stuff would be crucial . . .

SDRE definitely.

what about DEFTONES? sick of always seeing those import prices for their albums. can't part with that money, a boxset would make sense in their case. all maverick. madonna needs to get hip with the vinyl!

She put her most recent/last album out on vinyl, but I don't think she would allow for that to happen. If she did, I bet she'd want a shitload of dough.

we can all keep this going forever, fuckn' great. a casket lottery box set would be pretty nice, sense field, how could have not mentioned this earlier! THE STEREO should have a box set!!!!!! fall out boy kinda jocked them. The Stereo, to me, is hands down the catchiest band i have ever heard. it's shitty to see bands like fall out boy and panic at the disco get popular, when the stereo had that sound like 10 years ago. trust me, if you haven't heard this band, do it! get the record "THREE HUNDRED". you'll be humming it in your fuckn' mind for a week