NFL Discussion

all i'm saying is i'm the refs, i'm asking for a lot more money now. their stock just went up a lot after last nights game and this past weekend in particularly.

pretty sure that will not happen. they want this resolved as soon as possible so they can get back to work, changing their demands/offer requests will set everything back even further.

all i'm saying is i'm the refs, i'm asking for a lot more money now. their stock just went up a lot after last nights game and this past weekend in particularly.

Right now people are mad 100% at the owners/Goodell. If something like that happens, the blame shifts solely to the refs. Wouldn't happen.

I hate the refs as much as anyone else right now but this won't help anything get resolved. The refs want way to much and I dont blame the owners. I wouldn't give out full time pay and benefits for part time employees

what do they want that is way to much? the pay difference is only 3 million over the term of contract, thats nothing. what else besides money and PT/FT benefits?

2. The inability to recognize the difference between simultaneous possession and one receiver trying to steal the ball from a defender. The ball hit Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings first, and he appeared on the replays to pull the ball in and secure it. "It was pinned to my chest the whole time, even when we were on the pile,'' Jennings said afterward. "[Tate] was fighting for it. He was trying to get the ball out.'' The most telling part of the replay, if you watch closely, is that Tate's right arm, as the pile of bodies fall to the turf, flails out for a moment when Jennings has the ball, and then Tate puts his arm back in the scrum. Easley should have been able to see that.

It's hard to watch any replay and rule Tate had simultaneous possession with Jennings, but the pool report after the game with referee Elliott said that was his ruling -- simultaneous possession. And in that case, the ball is awarded to the offensive player. "But look at the play,'' said Daopoulos. "Simultaneous possession is two men catching the ball at the same time. Tate sticking his

and Godell still has no urgency to get a deal done because games are still being played and fans are still filling seats. godell can just sit back and wait. he's got refs, the games and money are still happening/coming in, who cares what the locked out ref demands are.

that is the kicker. as long as the ratings are high and the stadiums are full the NFL will not care and will keep turning a blind eye. maybe not as many people will watch on TV after this game, i know i won't, but the people who shelled out hundreds of dollars for tickets will most certainly not waste them out of protest. i doubt the players will strike, even though quite a few have joked about it at this point. until one of those things happens the hack refs are here to stay. Goodell probably won't even acknowledge that the call last night was bad, questionable or even controversial. he will continue to stand by the refs he hired who are not good enough to ref top tier college football.

EDIT - after writing this i turn on sports center to see the NFL's official statement, and they stand by the call on the field and the outcome of the review.

Anybody see the NFL's statement?

http://profootballta...e-been-flagged/

My favorite part:

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Highlighted to show that this blown call is even worse than I thought it was last night.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066168/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-houston-texans-claim-no-1-spot?module=HP11_hot_topics

week 4 power rankings. how is green bay at 4? Say they made the right call last night and GB is 2-1 and not 1-2 right now. They look far from the 4 best team in the league. That offensive line looked terrible last night and as far as production goes, rodgers has only thrown for 3 TDs in 3 weeks of play, as a team they are averaging less than 80 yards rushing a game, and they defense has given up an average of 18 points a game while only producing an average of 19 a game.

usually i know these are controversial, but its usually a 3 spot swing, but if the season ended today, they should be out of the top 10.

i don't doubt that they will turn it around, particularly against New Orleans (which blows my mind to think that one of those teams will either be 1-3 or 0-4 after the game) this week, but damn, a 4 overall ranking is just looking at last years numbers and not this years.